Firearms Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for some night sights for my full size 9mm. I have started poking around a bit with the different brands and we all know Trijicon is a solid choice but I was wondering if you guys have had any luck with other brands.

AmeriGlo caught the attention of my brother in law and I, but they seem very Glock oriented.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
The M&P VTAC comes with the VTAC sights which have both tritium and fiber inserts. They are made by Trijicon too.

They work really well once you get used to them.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Good deal, glad to help. I've got both!

Attachments

·
Registered
629 Posts
Got Trijicon (sp?) on my 40c and love them.

·
Registered
162 Posts
All of my M&P's (including my Shield but minus my M&P22's) have Warren Tactical Sights. I could not be happier. Both front and rear are tritium illuminated but using a dot over dot (straight 8 like) configuration. They are very fast to pick up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Most night sights can be re-lamped at the factory that made them (Trijicon being the best at this). You just send in your slide, they remove the old viles and put in new. I had the night sights on a 3rd Gen S&W re-lamped for around $50 a few years ago. It was about half the price of buying new.

·
Registered
629 Posts
sharpshooter1997 said:
They run for like 5 years right.
Trijicon are supposed to last over 10.

·
Registered
162 Posts
In my experience they are at full brightness for around 7-8 years, then they slowly dim for another 2-4 years until they reach the point that they are not really serviceable as night sights anymore. The half life of tritium is supposed to be 12 years.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts