M&P mags

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by chachimacho, Aug 28, 2013.

1. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

FWIW, Cabela's has Pro Mag m&p 17 rd 9mm mags in stock for $25.00. I've never tried them, so I can't comment on their quality.

2. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I already ordered one. Right now Promag is better than no mag.

3. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

True that! I just saw the 44mag.com has S&Ws in stock for $90.00! They're just as bad as CTD or Gunbroker. Midway sent out a notification at 12:35AM saying they had them. I woke up at 3:00AM and they were out, of course!

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

They also have 32 round magazines for $35.

Can anyone speak to the quality of these mags?

5. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I just picked mine up from Cabelas. I ordered it a week ago, when I went to pick it up they had a bunch of 17 and 32 round magazines on the shelf. I bought this 17 round mag for my M&P9c. I have a x-grip spacer for it on the way in the mail. I put the mag in my m&p and it was a perfect fit. Doesn't look as well made as the m&p but seems to work just fine.

Attached Files:

6. JW357

JW357 New Member

Have you tried cycling rounds through it yet? Maybe just feeding and ejecting?

7. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

Yes, so far everything is good. Just got home and this was between the doors.

Attached Files:

8. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Midway has m&p mags right now! Limit two...... And go!

9. nraforlife

nraforlife New Member

Got 2 from Midway with the rubberize slip on grip Does make a big change in the feel of a .40c.

10. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I went to the range today and shot another 150 rounds using the 17 round promag magazine and had zero problems.

11. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

Went to the range again with my wife yesterday. We shot another 200 rounds through the 17 round Promag M&P9 magazine and had zero problems. I hear a lot of complaints about Promag. I don't know about their magazines for other guns, but the M&P9 mag seems to work flawlessly. I went to Cabela's yesterday and picked up another 17 and a 32 round magazine. Since the 17 rounders are not available anywhere, these are definitely better than nothing.

12. JW357

JW357 New Member

Awesome. Good to know. Thanks for the heads up.

13. hawaiifrank

hawaiifrank New Member

I ordered (actually back-ordered) 2 S&W M&P 17-round mags today. They are supposed to be back in stock in December (my wife can use them for "stocking stuffers" at Christmas).

14. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

Cabela's has M&P 17 rd mags in stock on their website. Went to Cabela's today and they had about 10 of them in the store. I picked one up.