M&P magazines

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by chachimacho, May 13, 2013.

1. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Rant: Just jumped on the M&P bandwagon recently, and can't find 9mm mags to save my soul. I'm on notification lists from every online source I can think of, and I check gunbot several times a day. I do have 4 back ordered from S&W, but who knows when I'll get them. Aargh!

2. JW357

JW357 New Member

I bought one too. Only have one magazine because I bought it at a gun show and the dealer messed up, and I didn't notice in time. It's painful. At least my wife has two magazines for hers....

3. JHV_3

JHV_3 New Member

I just recently bought 2 mags from www.midwayusa.com they were 33 bucks a piece limit two per person, not sure if they are still in stock but worth a look

4. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

I must've missed it. I'm signed up for their email notification for the 17 round mags....At least I thought I was. Have to try it again.

5. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Just checked with midway. They disabled notifications... Of course.

6. JHV_3

JHV_3 New Member

I have a guy with 4 10 round mags for sale 150 for all 4 brand new never loaded. PM me if you are interested.

7. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

That's a fair price all things considered, and I appreciate the offer, but I think I'll hold out for 17 rounders. Thanks, anyways!

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

Chalk this up to an important lessoned learned.

When buying a new firerarm, check that accessories are available (including extra mags).

9. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

No lesson learned, really. I knew from the giddy up that mags are scarce. I also can't find 22lr, .223, .380, 9mm, .45acp, primers, powder, brass, dies, Ruger 22/45 mags, Glock mags, AR mags, etc. I'm not going to sit on my thumbs and wait till it all blows over, ya know? It took me 3 months to find an M&P Pro... Should I have passed on it because I can't find spares? Nope!

10. danf_fl

You made an informed decision.

There are others that look at the glitz and bling of a new firearm without other considerations.

11. ThinkFastHolsters

ThinkFastHolsters New Member

I ran into this same problem a few months back. Bought a M&P in decemeber and signed up for a tactical pistol course that required 3 mags minimum. Luckily I found a guy on a local forum who frequented his LGS and he happened to be in there the day I made a post about it so he bought one and shipped it to me and I paid him for it. I lucked out on that one. Funny thing is I didnt even run the M&P at the class because I recently bought a new G19 that I decided to put through its paces. Glock mags and PMAGs are showing up a lot more now. My LGS has both in stock at normal prices.

12. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

Sorry I kinda jumped on ya, Dan, but the only lesson I've learned as of late is if you see it, buy it! It won't be there for long!

13. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

For instance: I had the opportunity to get in on a Nighthawk Heinie Signature Series competition 5" that just went into production. 8 week wait as opposed to a 22 month wait. Done and done! 5 weeks to go and I can't stand it!

14. danf_fl

That is a good choice based on a sound decision!
    But there is a difference between buying a 1911 platform that has plenty of things around versus that one pistol, with one mag, that has no holster, made by a new company that is trying something new.....or a Hi-Point.

15. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

I agree! Aside from my mag debacle, I'm completely outfitted with 10-8, comptac and apex.

16. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

No 17 round, but I assume you meant the 7 round. I have six mags, four 8 round and two 7 round. I got two with the gun, one at the same gun show, One at a LGS and my daughter got me one from S&W for Christmas. We did have to expedite S&W to ship it, so I would advise to call them.3

hey, I am the idiot here. I made an assumption you were talking about the Shield, which is what that story is about. I would call S&W though. Once I bought one from a gun store, I knew S&W should have been shipping mine. Call them.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  17. chachimacho

chachimacho New Member

No worries! I have an order in with them for ten 17 round mags. Shield mags are getting easier to find I believe, due to the fact that most people don't need a dozen for a carry gun. I'd like to get two more 7 and 8 rounders for mine, but I've got bigger fish to fry right now!