M&P bodyguard 380

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by Cromo2014, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

What do you guys think of the new bodyguard?

2. john300k

john300k New Member

I pocket carry one everyday. I like it very much, I did have to send it back to S&W. The battery door screw backed out and jammed the slide. If I knew about the screw issue in advance I would have checked when I cleaned it. I shot over a 1000 rounds thru it and it is very accurate.

3. DP03

DP03 New Member

I had one and liked it. I sold it only because I enjoyed shooting other guns at the range better, and I just wasn't using it much. But it was a good, accurate and reliable gun.

4. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

I'm just now hearing about this .380 ill have to look into it sounds interesting

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Firearms Talk mobile app

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I absolutely hated the damn thing. Absolute worst trigger I have even had the displeasure of pulling. Aside from that and the inadequate caliber (IMO ) it is a great gun. I waited for months for the trigger kit to come out and they sold out before I could get one. I sold it and got a shield 40. It's a little bit bigger but the caliber and trigger more than make up for it. I will still be doing an apex kit and sight swap on it though.

better judged by twelve than carried by six.

6. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

I know I plan on getting am m&p 40 and get the trigger kit for it ...but right now I'm trying to get my ffl so It has to wait

7. dmiller

dmiller New Member

Carried the bg since fist came out. Only issue is trigger pull and laser. First it was to hard to get laser on so s&w sent me new buttons. Now it's to sensitive comes on when I have it in my pocket. Batteries stay dead.

8. gunny91

gunny91 New Member

I was never a laser fan cause unless the light is low enough u can't hardly see it and two if someone breaks in ur house it could give u away quick just my opinion

9. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

It is my #2 carry gun. I carry it if I'm wearing pants with small pockets or print too much with my Kahr. Good gun. I've never had a problem with it.

10. JW357

JW357 New Member

Guys. I believe the OP is asking about the about the new Bodyguard in the M&P line. Its a little different than the old Bodyguard.

I believe.

11. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Hmmm. I didn't realize they had done a redesign on it for this year. Looks like the same pistol with a slightly different grip, less the laser. I wonder how the trigger compares.

12. Cromo2014

Cromo2014 New Member

Well now 2 magazines included (finger groove and flat butt plate). New Ergonomic grip, external takedown lever and slide stop, manual thumb safety, double action fire control (2nd strike compatibility)

13. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

Other then the ergo grip(maybe) all those features were on the original.

14. truevil1313

truevil1313 New Member

Ditto, except I bought the Shield 9mm. I could not stand the trigger on the BG.

15. john300k

john300k New Member

I didn't know about the new Bodyguard, they give you a second mag and dropped the lazer. I really don't use the lazer any way. I think it's been more trouble than its worth...

16. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

My lazer never worked w the switch, I could remove the button and use something metal to activate it even after Smith sent 2 different sets of buttons. Mine came w 2 flat bottom mags a dayplanner type case I believe it was a earlier model, I felt for the money $340 it was a great little gun.

17. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

I bought one for my fiancé and she shoots it a lot better than me. Personally I hate the trigger feels like it ten plus pounds. But she doesn't have a problem with it. It's very small and I like it comes with the laser for only around 375. Good price

18. scarletma

scarletma New Member

The ten pound trigger pull is design in on purpose, being a small powerful pocket gun it was designed for targets less the 10 meters best around 20 foot range. Idea is if you have to pull the trigger that hard the accidental discharge rate would be very low and it you pull and shoot at 20 foot it may not be a bulls eye put the target will be hit.
    I would never use mine on a threat target of more than 20 foot period.
    That slide comes back with a bunch of power and if you grip high as I do you stand a chance of getting a thumb/finger skin graft!
    Sw service is great but they will not lighten trigger pull on this gun and I also would never recommend doing so.
    The BG 380 is a difficult gun to shoot but fill it with CoreBons in a pocket holster and you will forget it is there until you need it.
    I have 5 MP 9's and 40's and even the 9C 9MM I cannot carry as a CCW shows in my clothes.
    BG so far is the only one I can carry in a pocket holster and not imprint in clothes. If I find a better choice I will look for an excuse to acquire one!
    Take note this is not a gun you will shoot many rounds out of since it is more expensive price per round and just plain hard to shoot, but a nice lil friend to have close by.