M&p addons

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by niteglock, Jul 29, 2012.

1. niteglock

niteglock New Member

Well I have taken the plunge into long guns. First rifle purchased. Now I have to personalize it. S&W M&P15-22. I am waiting on two 35 round mags, magpul mbus sights, magpul pts angled foregrip, and larue handguard clips. I do want a scope/red dot/holo, which ever one is best for the money. Going to be a while because I just spent some cash on the other parts and have to make up for it. But anyone have any suggestions on optics. I want to be able to shoot a pretty long distance with it. And what is it the hinge that allows you to move the scope of to the side and back on top by swinging it. That looked cool. Thanks.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You planning on switching the stuff over to an AR in the future? Max effective range for a .22 is in the area of 150 yards. A cheap 4x scope should be plenty. Congrats on the gun definitely a fun .22

3. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Eotech and aimpoint are great and somewhat pricey. I know that there are a few options that are specific for .22 and a bit lower in price so look out for those as well.

I suggest that you use the time you're gearing up for that purchase to get proficient with your iron sights. They're there for a reason so you might as well be able to use them well because they work quite well.

As I'm in that same place as you (recovering from my initial rifle purchase) I'm curious to see the responses as I know most will be useful.

4. niteglock

niteglock New Member

I hear ya. That's why I bought the MBus sights. So I can put a scope or red dot on and still use the iron sights. I love this gun. Once I'm out of cook county and in will I am building an AR15.