M&P 9mm Pro "Optics" help....

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by newguy22, May 17, 2011.

1. newguy22

newguy22 New Member

I am looking for a laser or some type of help shooting my M&P9mm. I have trouble shooting the "Iron Sights" because I can't see them very well. I would like to hear some input regarding a laser sight. Not sure how much I need to spend to get something good enough without spending too much. Any suggestions?

Newguy22

2. russ

russ New Member

Well, this will be the high end of the spectrum, but I'm very happy with the Crimson Trace grip on my M&P40c.

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

4. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

If you want a high end laser only setup, go with Crimson Trace (grips) or Lasermax (guide rod). I'd imagine you can probably find either for a little under $300. These are spendy, but their value is that they minimally alter the feel and balance of your gun.

The other option is a rail mounted setup. Unless you want a tac-light, stay as small and light as possible. If you want a tac light/laser, I recommend the Sig Sauer STL-900L. Bright 130 lumen light, strobe, laser...and you can get it here for about $100+ cheaper than anywhere else I've seen.

Here's my P226 w/STL-900L. A little bulky, but a great nightstand setup.
    [​IMG]

5. headhunter

headhunter Member

I receintly received my M&P 9 ct (Crimson Trace) . I went the route of getting it from the factory at the wife's urging. She already has the CTs on her J frame. We are gettin' old, had the cataract surgery and just now put the glucoma drops in- gettin' old is the berries!. The CT are great except in bright sunlight and when snow covers everything. At twilight they do well out to at least 100 yds- furthest I've tried. Right now the 9 is on the hip with the laser off. Any low light conditions-fantastic addition!
    Another option would be to get a small red dot installed. They can be tiny, weigh almost nothing, and if the one on my Ruger is any indication work on any background.. There was a post from a gentleman who had one installed on his Glock and it looked good and apparently worked.

6. WDB

WDB New Member

A couple of options would be a micro that fits on the rail, the issue with these is finding a holster that will accept them. Another is guide rod laser, I haven't use one but like the idea that it doesn't change the profile of the pistol. LaserMax has both for the M&P and they make a good product. The micro will run about $100 -150, the guide god will run about $300.

Attached Files: