m&p 9mm compact or Glock 19

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by JohnnieHaynes, Jul 6, 2013.

1. JohnnieHaynes

JohnnieHaynes New Member

Trying to make my mine up on which one to get what's the word on both

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Both great guns. I've owned both.
    Capacity on the 19 is better.
    You should check both out and shoot them if possible to see which you truly like better.

3. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I would repost this in general handguns. Less bias and more eyes will read your request. My .02.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Probably a good thought. I'll also add your preference on safeties is something else to consider.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2013
  5. austin92

austin92 New Member

Personally I'd go with an m&p. Love them :)

6. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I think you can't go wrong with the Glock or the M&P. Try them both out and see which feels better in your hands.

7. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Like they said, either one is a great choice. Its really hard to say, I have two glocks and one is a 23(same size as 19 diff cal) and I love that friggin gun. With that said, I want a sig, xdm and a m&pc in 9mm. Just hold both guns and which ever one feels the best go for it. If you can shoot both that would help also.

8. JohnnieHaynes

JohnnieHaynes New Member

Going this weekend leaning towards the m&p . Will rent both and see thanks for the input

9. JackieBrown13

JackieBrown13 New Member

Self Defense Is Ugly- Get A Glock

10. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I'm not a big Glock fan, I like em and they do everything well but they just don't do it for me. We have a M&P 9c and a G19 gen3, I'm a better shot w the Glock but I carry the M&P most of the time. If the 9c had a slightly longer barrel I'm sure it would be just as accurate as the Glock. My only regret is not getting the fullsize since I open carry 99% of the time.

11. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

the word is they are both great I have to g26 but I'm looking to get the m&p 9c. It is catching up to the glock name of reliability.

12. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

The biggest thing Glock has going for it is aftermarket support, but slowly but surely things are leveling out. If S&W, Springfield, Ruger would keep model features across the board like Glock does I think Glock would lose a lot of sales

13. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I would just take your current gun to a busy range. In short order you will get to shoot both guns. Most people are flattered to hear that you are interested in buying a gun like theirs.

14. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

if given the opportunity to shoot both, then do so. pick the one that suits you the best. both are good options and would serve you well, but it really comes down to personal preference more than anything.

i can shoot a Glock quite well, but my hand prefers the M&P over the Glock due to ergonomics. having owned and shot many, many pistols over the years i have become accustomed to adapting to many different pistol designs and have learned to shoot them well. this is not always the case of the newer shooters though.

15. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Like others suggested I would try both and see what you really prefer. I went with glock, due to familiarity and compatiblity of parts. But go with what you like. Both are solid guns with solid companies behind the products.