M&P 9c

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by brockly, Aug 5, 2013.

1. brockly

brockly New Member

Hi all first post. Real new to handguns and looking to buy one. Just join a indoor range and found the gun I liked. M&P 9c. Tried 4 guns out but I like the M&P 9c. Glock was to blocky. Like I was holding a 2x4. And the Luger 9 something I like and it came with a laser but the long trigger... Can't see what I'm typing

2. brockly

brockly New Member

Ok drove me nuts. Didn't know when it was going to shoot. Didn't like it at all. Same as the Kar something ( sorry I'm new). But the question is should I try a gun I haven't seen ? I shot the glock 19, s&m 9c, Kar something 9 and the Luger 9. All 9mm guns

2nd question is. 9mm get up there to shoot.

Will a .22 help my shooting ( new to shooting ) later for my 9mm. I can shoot a .22 tell the cows come home. Then a 9mm.

Thanks or the info :)

3. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Howdy

If you can find 22 ammunition at a reasonable price, it can be great practice. This is magnified if your 22 is a copy of your larger caliber gun, Ruger SR22 & SR9.

I assume you mean a Ruger of some sort in the caliber of 9mm Luger.

Luger and Ruger may work well together in a limerick, but certainly not the same company.

Ruger makes several 9mm caliber pistols, LC9, SR9 are a couple.

There are lots of handguns to choose from, find a range/shop that rents them and try as many as you can afford. You will find one that fits your hand.

Oh, welcome to the forum. Stop by the Introduction thread and say howdy to the other members.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  4. kryptar19

kryptar19 New Member

Can't get any better than the M&P 9c.

5. brockly

brockly New Member

Yeah a Ruger :) typo

6. Glockpotion23

Glockpotion23 New Member

Excellent choice young skywalker:) I want the m&pc in 9 mill myself. Once you get more familiar with firearms your taste will vary. My first love was the Glock; still love them too but, you cant limit yourself to just one manufacturer.

7. JW357

JW357 New Member

Good choice to both of you in the M&P9c. I an one, and I love it! Fits my hand better than any other poly gun I've held.

There is also an M&P 22, full sized. It may not be the same size gun, but its basically the same gun for the user. It would make an excellent trainer.

Shooting any .22 will help your fundamentals, as long as you're doing your part. I definitely recommend having one at some point.

As far as the full caliber gun ones, start by holding several in your hands. Figure out which feel best to you, then try to rent them to get a feel for how they shoot. You may end up not liking the M&P9c, despite what we say here. Get what feels the best and what you shoot the best.

Also, don't shy from revolvers!

8. Crazvet

Crazvet New Member

I like our 9c and carry it most of the time, but unless your gonna conceal it the fullsize will be a lot more accurate, we also have a G19 and I'm a lot better shot w it, I think it's mostly due to the longer barrel. As far as brand wise S&W M&P's are hard to beat tho I would look at the XD and XDm from Springfield as well.

9. jasi

jasi New Member

I aggree

I have both M&P 9C and M&P 22. I believe this is the way to go. You are using basically the same platform when chosing the M&P Line.

Great Products!

10. mmracing

mmracing New Member

The M&P 9c would be an excellent choice. I carry one every day and really like it. I also own an M&P 22 and it makes a great trainer for the 9c. You can't go wrong with the M&P Family.

11. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

brockly Your problem with trigger pull is a head game and shooting any trigger type you should be able to come to master it with practice. Just give it time and rounds down range and all will be fine. The m&p9c is a good pistol and a good choice as a first centerfire pistol.

Your question about will a .22lr help , heck yes and with M&P having a 22 version it would be a prefect match for cheaper practice and the lighter recoil. That should allow for more shooting and help you learn that trigger control easier.

I cc a kahrs , wife has a m&p9c as one of her rotations . I don't have a problem with any trigger pull type so long as its smooth. .