M&P 9c or Glock 23 for carry

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Gojubrian, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Given these two choices which would be your preference?
    Relatively the same size and weight.
    13+1 rounds of .40 in the G23. 12+1 rounds of 9mm in the M&P.
    A friend wants to know.

2. deathkricket

deathkricket New Member

I would and did go Glock 23 and never look back, unless i carry my LCP.

3. Megaman10

Megaman10 New Member

I have the M&P 40c with 10 rd mags. As good as a Glock and less $$!

4. Bighead

Bighead New Member

The Glock for me, mostly because I have years on the platform and trust it. I also don't like the soft reset on the M&P trigger. That said, I think the M&P is a fine gun, and would serve you well if it is your choice.

5. WDB

WDB New Member

The M&P would be my choice, seem to fit my hand better. Best is to have your friend find a range that rents and shoot both. That is the only true way to know what pistol fits a person best.

6. BigByrd47119

BigByrd47119 New Member

I don't care for the fit of the M&P's but its up to the individual. I will say this however. I bought a G23 and liked it. After I bought this accessory, I loved it!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqa6vTLuyjM&feature=player_embedded]Polymer Mag Well for Glocks - YouTube[/ame]

7. jmbburger

jmbburger New Member

As you can see everyone has an opinion. Personally over the last couple of years I gave up all my Glock and replaced them with M&Ps. I have logged thousands of hours at the range over the last 30 years and feel they are just overall a better gun. Again, my opinion. The best thing for you to do is test different manufacturers and calibers and do what's best for you. 9 or 40? Both will do a lot of damage either way. Good luck

8. jmbburger

jmbburger New Member

Just watch the video for the Glock mag well? I'm sorry but it makes the Glock look like a cordless drill. Smith did a great job with finger extensions for their compacts...made by Smith so it fits the gun natually. Again, it's about personal preference.

9. BlindOldMan

BlindOldMan New Member

I have both of these but am much more comfortable with the G23. The M&P seems to have a smoother trigger than the Gen4 G23, and about the same as the Gen3 G23. I did have a jam *once* on the M&P last year in June :D. I'll try to put up some pics of them side by side later today when I get home.

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I also looked at both and went with the G23, a Gen 4. Very pleased with it.

11. AOK

AOK New Member

Different calibers, different feel, different triggers, ect. I own 2 Glock 23's and love em' both. With that said, Glock and M&P's are both excellent choices. The only way your friend could go wrong is if he didn't try both before he made his decision.

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

I have ZERO experience, and today rented a glock and M&P. For some reason, I seem to be relatively accurate shot, my wife is considered good for a beginner. I know nothing about the rented guns, how many rnds, care, or maintenance. The glock was all over the place, and I held the M&P to about 6" at 25', wife was about 10".

13. eborden1122

eborden1122 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Glock, both of mine have never misfired or failed to feed. And it is one tough little bastard. Good luck. Ed