M&P 45c as ccw?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by shorterj88, Jul 31, 2013.

1. shorterj88

shorterj88 New Member

Anyone conceal carry an M&P 45c? If so, thoughts on reliability, holsters, carry position (I normally appendix carry), or ammo restrictions?

I currently carry an xd9 subcompact- obviously the s&w would be larger, just curious if anyone had more insight.

Thanks in advance!

2. simpkinst

simpkinst New Member

Sorry, can't help too much.

I do carry a MP9c in a Whitehat IWB holster. This is similar to the crossbreed. The holster is adjustable and comes with other, and better, options than cowhide.

You can also by other kydex parts for different guns so you have 1 holster for a couple guns. I swap with my full size XD sometimes in the winter. Nice to use the same holster when I do.

3. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Just remember the 45 can keep up with the 9 and 40 in terminal effect ONLY if you do not have a bbl below the Commander length, 4 1/4 inches!!!:eek:

4. bigjim

bigjim New Member

At close range the barrel length will not make a significant difference. I carry a 3.6 inch barrel 45 ACP and never worry about it. (I am not shooting 20 yards or 25 yards with it, that's not self defense that's second degree murder). But carrying a wider gun does present some problems, but the right clothing takes care of that. I carry OWB with a Bianchi belt slide size 15A it works well with my Bersa Thunder 45 UCP as well with my CZ 75 P-01 and even with my Taurus PT-92 AFS. I too am still looking for a IWB holster other than the Uncle Mikes I use.

Jim

5. shorterj88

shorterj88 New Member

The more research I do, the more I'm liking the m&p 45c. Apparently it's comparable to a g30 minus 2 rounds (for the compact magazine).

6. JimRau

JimRau Well-Known Member Supporter

Don't take my word for it do your own research. By the way 'range' as NOTHING to do with the velocity the bullet leaves the bbl, but bbl length does!!!;)