M&p .40

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by NGIB, Mar 22, 2011.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

So I did add a plastic to the collection. Picked up an M&P .40 from Bud's for $399 delivered - hard to go wrong at that price. I had owned 2 in the past and both had mag safeties and really "crunchy" triggers (for lack of a better word). This one has no mag safety and the stock trigger is leaps & bounds better that the others I had before. For the price, I think this will turn out to be a decent buy. Yes, I did get the thumb safety model as it operates just like my 1911s.

The holster & mag carrier came in today so I'll most probably check this one out at the action shoot on Saturday...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2011
  2. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

I love the M&P. But why in 40. You are one of the FTF folks that talked me out of a 40. "Too snappy" you said.:confused:

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Jo, I have 8 guns in .45 and a freaking boatload of .40 ammo. I acquired all the .40 back during the days when it was all I could find on the shelves. While .40 isn't my favorite round, I don't mind it with "duty" sized guns...

4. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the new M&P, Congrats. Now, whenever you are tired of it, let me know. I will take it off your hands.;):D

I be that way this coming up week. :eek:

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Bring ammo dude and you're welcome to shoot any pistols I have...

6. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

OK that's true, I was asking about the M&P compact 40.
    Never Mind. :eek:

7. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

i love mine! but sadly mine has a mag safety. :( but the gun is great its my primary carry almost everyday.:)

8. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

You guys take lots of pictures for us during your meet n shoot!! :cool:

9. WDB

WDB New Member

Congrats on the buy I expect you will enjoy the pistol, the next M&P I buy will have the thumb safety as I think it's a nice add for a striker fired pistol. I've never shot one in 40 but expect it will preform well. I will say that my FNP-40 has more snap than my M&P 45.

10. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

I have the M&P compact .40 and love it. No mag or thumb safety on mine.

11. Reinhard

Reinhard New Member Supporter

must be a good gun since the Belgian government just purchased 8000 M&P 9
    guns ,you might think they would go for their own F.N,:rolleyes: think again
    F.N is furious

12. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Finally shot this one yesterday (Shihan did as well) and I'm pleased with it so far. The trigger on this one is leaps & bounds better that the 2 I previously owned which both had the mag safety. Not sure if there's a connection between the mag safety and "crunchy" triggers but this gun is far superior to the others I had. I've owned a number of XDs and I think I like the way this one feels in the hand a bit better. The XD has always felt a tad top heavy to me so maybe the bore axis on the M&P is a bit lower or some such. The trigger is still a tad stiffer and more "vague" than I'd like but I've also seen how easy it is to do a home trigger job on these - so that may be my next experiment...

13. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

14. WDB

WDB New Member

Good to hear you like the pistol. The trigger does smooth out with use but I do suggest a trigger job (my son would tell you I'm wrong). I paid to have mine done and was truly impressed with how it turned out.

15. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member