M&P 40 Shield

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by pomsarelv, Mar 4, 2013.

1. pomsarelv

pomsarelv New Member

Just bought the other day. I went to the range tonight and really liked shooting it. Loved the trigger pull, but just loading was a bear for a little female like me, must be a really tight spring in the mag, I suppose i'm going to need a reloader unless anyone has any other suggestions.

2. bige91603

bige91603 New Member

Load your mags up and let them sit until your next range trip, i have done this with every gun I've had and it works great. A quick reloader is a good investment, i bought a universal one that works with my taurus' and my smiths makes reloading a breeze

3. sdiver35

sdiver35 New Member

^^What Bige said. My wife has the Shield 9 and they have some tight springs, especially the last two rounds.

4. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

My wife has the 9mm shield and I bought her the Uplula magazine loader its universal and you can load a 9mm up to a .45 with it and now she can load the magazine full with no problem. She loves it. It cost about $34 but it will keep your fingers and thumbs from get sore on the range.

5. Mdrums

Mdrums New Member

Get a Uplula loader they work great

6. pomsarelv

pomsarelv New Member

Thanks for the tips on the Uplula. Got 1 today and went to the range, and it worked like a charm!!

7. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

I'm glad to hear you got an uplula. It sure makes those days at the range a whole lot more enjoyable!

8. jumusiq

jumusiq New Member

So I took my new M&P Shield 40 to the range. I noticed the front sight popped off!!! I asked the guys at the range for suggestions. One guy said just paint it with nail polish. I laughed but considered it lol. I called SW and they said either ship it and have it fixed and shipped within 3-4 weeks or.. paint it with acrylic paint or nail polish!! lol So I had a buddy artist of mine dabble white paint in the sight. He used acrylic paint and said it was almost identical to nail polish. either way it worked!

BEFORE

image-579235405.jpg

AFTER

image-2646305444.jpg

9. Sparrowe

Sparrowe New Member

3 to 4 weeks to fix a little paint on the sight? That's crazy I would have done the same thing that you did. Your artist did a nice job!! You would think that a customer with a warranty would get top priority to get your gun fixed and get it back to you ASAP! I would say 7 to 10 days would be acceptable not 3 to 4 weeks!

10. jumusiq

jumusiq New Member

Yea.. I guess of the demand right now .. But thx. Des look pretty freakin good! Lol