m&p 357 accuracy problems

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by hoyte, Oct 8, 2012.

1. hoyte

hoyte New Member

I just bought a new 357 sig. And right out the box 1 st tome shooting. I have to aim to the left off of the target to get it to.hit the paper. I think its my front sight. Can ne 1 help

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Have you tried shooting with the pistol resting on a sand bag or in a vice of some type? The new trigger may be throwing off your trigger pull and moving the barrel a bit when you fire.

Alternatively, you could just move your target to the left a little bit. ;)

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f14/poi-correction-your-fixes-67441/ Check out the chart in that thread for possibilities; it's a new trigger to your finger. Try picking your nose after a nose job, and you might have to adjust your technique.

3. hoyte

hoyte New Member

I tried resting and free. 2 other ppl tried shooting it to. Same problem. I plan on sending it back to them and let them fix it. But return time is along time

4. orangello

orangello New Member

Sounds like the smartest course on a new pistol. Maybe they will throw you an extra mag or two for the wait.

5. hoyte

hoyte New Member

Maybe I can use it

6. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

So did you ever get this resolved? If so, what was the solution?

7. hoyte

hoyte New Member

Yes it was fixed sent it to s&w they replaced the front sight. Upset they didn't send any thing for the inconvenience and sent me back my mags which were used and abused I see. 2 new 1s and I would of been 100% satisfied.

8. Byron0022

Byron0022 New Member

Kinda makes ya wonder if the days of good customer service is over? I had to send my CZ back and for the hassle I got nothing! Hahaha

9. hoyte

hoyte New Member

Yea must be going out. I should call them about it but it ain't worth it. But love the gun though

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

On a new gun, how are the mags used and abused?

11. j4454

j4454 New Member

My m&p sights were off from the factory. It took one bump from the smith to fix. If your sights are off from the factory I recommend just going ahead and replacing them unless they are already night sights or fiber optic.

12. theinvisibleheart

theinvisibleheart New Member

check the grouping first. Make sure you can get consistent group. Then focus on sight adjustment.

13. hoyte

hoyte New Member

It was my front sight. They told me it was off and they replaced and test fired. I still haven't had a chance to chk for my simelf yet.