M&p .22

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by 3spur, Aug 1, 2012.

1. 3spur

3spur New Member

Thinking of buying one, need comments, anybody out there have one, what are your opinions thoughts recommendations?

2. Wiseman3

Wiseman3 New Member

other than I wish they'd hurry up and get it on the California roster, the other thing I would say is have you fired any other M&P. if so then its the same feel but .22. I haven't really heard much good or bad about it.

3. glockzombie

glockzombie New Member

I have one ,and it's awesome! Thats all I can say about that.

4. etomashek

etomashek New Member

When I started shooting my M&P22, I quickly agreed with several reviewers that the gun was not an accurate shooter, but, was really disappointed to find out how picky the gun was pertaining to what ammo it would feed and not feed. Someone on one of these sites said how his gun had the same problem but after about 1000 rounds, it started to feed better. I kept shooting and my gun began to shoot ammo that failed to feed after about 1000 rounds also. Maybe the slide return spring became softer??? My thought was if it had been made by S&W instead of Walther, it would have been a better gun. (I've read, and seen, some bad things about the Walther p22). Still trying to find a holster that will fit the M&P22 without pushing the slide back.
    In 22 pistols, I also own a Ruger mk II and a Ruger SR22. IMO put your money on a Ruger mkIII.

5. jasi

jasi New Member

M&p 22

Anybody have anything new to report on M&P 22?

Thanks,

6. bxny10455

bxny10455 New Member

The gun's great, not ammo sensitive, but the sights are awful.

7. TaterKing

TaterKing New Member

Replaced my sights with stock M&P 3 dots. After some major filing on the front, I got them to fit. Rear sight went right on. Found the sites used on eBay for $20

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

8. sbrit56880

sbrit56880 New Member

Great shooting piece!!!! I can out shoot my Browning Buckmark plus with the M&P 22. Never had a FTF or jam up. The only complaint I have is after field stripping the lock lever sometimes is hard to close. It catches on the angled base of the spring guide rod.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. mak6820

mak6820 New Member

I just picked up my M&P 22 today. Have to clean it and then will go shooting. More soon.

10. mak6820

mak6820 New Member

It's everything I thought it would be and more. Super great gun. I am going to hit the range a few times before I adjust sights...then I will offer more info.

By the way, anyone have any advice on zeroing a new pistol?

11. mak6820

mak6820 New Member

2nd trip to the range...

Bought some Winchester Super X...OMG, this is the worst ammunition ever. 6-8 of 12 rounds were FTE.

12. 3DSooner

3DSooner New Member

Absolutely love my M&P 22! It is the one pistol that I clean after each and every trip out shooting. The .22 caliber seems to be a fairly dirty round. So far, my 22 eats everything I feed it!

13. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Active Member

My M&P (Walther) eats anything and with a fiberoptic front sight shoots well too, but enter the new Compact! Heads over the import, feels great, works great and will also eat 30-40 year old ammo I am currently feeding my .22's. This pistol has the right size and I predict will be around for some time to come.

14. EmperorMA

EmperorMA New Member

Love my M&P 22 Compact! Eats everything, accurate, easy to shoot and feels like a real M&P. Highly recommended!

15. cjn79

cjn79 New Member

I'm going to try and pick one up this weekend. Hopefully more have come in. I've wanted one for awhile and I've waited long enough.

16. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

I like my standard model. Shoots well. No complaints.

17. Jimski

Jimski Member

I've had my M&P22 compact for about 5 months now. Put a few hundred rounds through it without a jam. Had a problem with the rear sight adjustment screw working it's way out. Put a longer screw in with some teflon tape on it to hold it in place. Might put a nut on the bottom to lock it in place. Shoots great, here's a photo of 10 shots at 10 yds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2015
  18. jasi

jasi New Member

Well Done!!!

Jimski,

Good Shooting,

Bruski

19. Balls004

Balls004 New Member

I've got a FS model, and it does everything it's supposed to do pretty well. It's accurate, it's good training for my full size and Shields. I haven't had any issues with ammo, and mine is shot mostly suppressed with subsonic ammo. It eats everything I put in it with equal relish.

The only ding I'm gonna throw at it is the safety levers. They are plastic, and if you miss a reholster, it is possible to basically over rotate the lever (like more than 90 degrees). I know that this isn't a self defense oriented pistol, but metal safeties would be nice.

Other than that, it's a great pistol, if you're shooting M&P's and want a training gun, or if you just want a good plinker.

20. tazzman55

tazzman55 New Member

Made in Germany.