M&P 15 Sport Carbine 5.56 Nato

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Browningauto, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

Does anyone have one of these? What do you think of it? Are they worth buying? Can buy one for $700 @ local gun store.

2. rurak

rurak New Member

Ive got one. I got it for 640$. You cant beat it for the money

3. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

What makes it so inexpensive compared to all the other ar's.

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They go for quantity over quality. Not saying its not a good gun. They just make a ton of them.

5. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

6. drvsafe

drvsafe New Member

Extremely bare bone rifle; i.e., no forward assist, no cover over the ejection port. I'm sure the less they have to do to it ad the less extra hardware, the less expensive they can retail it for.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

they use pretty decent barrels i dont think they mp inspect and i dont think the bolts are peened. what testing they do is liekly batch tested at best.

great range guns dont expect it to run hard and hot and keep doing that without upgrading the bcg.

for the price range they are in they are a great choice.

8. Browningauto

Browningauto New Member

Thanks Rhino24, I checked out the other post and the sport looks like a go!

9. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Here is a great review by Nutnfancy
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdpE6Lpw9E&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Video Link: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YdpE6Lpw9E&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame][/ame]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  10. cvia

cvia New Member

I have a friend that has one and he runs his hot hard and wet. That rifle of his get abused and still runs great. His came with nothing not even iron sites.

11. rurak

rurak New Member

The sport comes with a fixed front sight and a mbus flip up rear sight.

12. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

guess i'm late on this one, but i own a m & p sport.

i'm not very knowledgeable about AR's, but i wasn't gonna spend a lot more than i spent ($679), considering i was never a super fan of AR's. but i got the itch, and i got the sport. sometimes they can be had closer to $6-650....deals better than that are rare, in fact....i have never seen them. i think many claiming to get them for $600 are not adding ffl, checks, shipping, etc.

idk about all the specifics, but i have put close to 500 rounds through mine without a a single problem so far. i have put together close to 1" groups with a cheap red dot at 50 yards and just OK ammo, making me believe it may be a
    1-2" shooter out of box with good ammo and a scope.

imo most people with AR's are just using them to plink, hunt, or punch paper....not go to war or anything....so i think you'll be super happy with the sport if this would be your primary uses for it. i personally can't understand spending much more for a gun to plink or play around with. but i am a well known cheapo! :p

just my 2 cents....i'm a happy sport customer!

13. hawkguy

hawkguy Well-Known Member

is there anywhere that this information is available? i mean about the bolts and testing, etc.....i would like to see it.

14. GaryGlock

GaryGlock New Member

Deffinitally a go. My buddy has one all done up and its a sweet shooter. We hit 300 yards w it all day.

15. DavidN

DavidN New Member

Here's my M&P Sport with a few added goodies. Like others say. I really love this AR, shoots great, sleek and fun to play around with for the price.

Attached Files: