M&p 15 or

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by Down_Town_Dalton, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Down_Town_Dalton

Down_Town_Dalton New Member

Just layed away one and I'm fairly excited but also not very knowledgable about ARs. Any must have upgrades? I was thinking about getting a EOtech when I can come up with the money. Any other suggestions?

2. monteros

monteros New Member

Free float rail, and bullets!

3. Down_Town_Dalton

Where should I look for the free floating rail?

4. flybuddy

flybuddy New Member

5. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Well it's OR so I'd get some flip up sights and zero her in. Otherwise don't buy much now, just magazines and ammo, maybe a good sling.

The point is... don't spend much on upgrades now. Wait until you've got a few hundred rounds downrange! You'll have a much better chance of knowing what you need.

6. monteros

monteros New Member

I had a thread a while back http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f20/hand-guards-favorite-why-93426/

There are too many too choose from, but that thread will give you a ton to look at and decide upon! Depends on what you want to do, money to spend, length of barrel, personal taste, look, etc.

7. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Like Quentin said: Use the gun first before you accessorize. Otherwise you won't know what you like/need :)

8. Down_Town_Dalton

Is this a good quality rifle ? I couldn't find many reviews online, I've had a few cheap bushys and a dpms oracle and I'm hoping this a better made rifle. Very inexperienced with these any insight is appreciate also should I be concerned about changing my BCG and charging handle?

9. Quentin

Quentin New Member

S&W is better than Bushamster, Windham and DPMS. If you really want an OR model it'll be ok. I'd prefer PSA and bet their price is lower.