m& p 15-22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by neilshupak55, Apr 10, 2011.

1. neilshupak55

neilshupak55 New Member

my son got a 15-22.looks great I had my doubts if it would perform.Wow what a surprise.A great plinking rifle.shot it all day and did not get bored..comes apart and cleans easily..a new must have....shoots well without a scope...peace...

2. M14sRock

M14sRock New Member

My shooting partner bought one a few months ago and it has been flawless. I figure we have about 4,000rds through it now with no cleaning, no lube and no malfunctions.

I'll be picking up a couple of them soon, too. One for me and one for my daughter.

3. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I've had one for a little over a year now. Great gun and more fun than a barrel of monkeys.

4. russ

russ New Member

Yup, my dad has one. Fun, inexpensive, lightweight. He has the 15-22 pistol as well, now that is more fun than two barrels full of monkeys.

5. Leathermarshmallow

Leathermarshmallow New Member

We have 2 or 3 thousand rounds through my son's 15-22. It is a great little rifle. He has all the extra stuff that a kid would want on it...from the red dot sight, to a folding bipod, to hand grip, 4 extra mags. He loves it and it is accurate. He likes to shoot at 100 yards and is pretty good with it.

Attached Files:

6. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

I have lost count on the amount of ammo, the average is a brick of Blazer CCI every time I go to the range! :D

I have notice the last time cleaning some wear on the bottom of the bolt. The picture is from S&W forum; but, it is the same area. Some say this is normal; but, when will it be time replace the bolt? What I have read on other forums via google is that any internal replacement parts has to come from S&W only, shipping the firearm back to them. Not like a Ruger 10/22!

http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-m-p-15-22/182287-bolt-wearing-lower-right-side.html

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 13, 2011
  7. JonM

JonM Moderator

I shoot my ar15s a lot and they all have wear marks similar where the carrier pushes the hammer down. Wouldnt worry about it unless pieces flake off or it stops functioning. The wear marks show ya where you need to lube.

8. KentuckyBob

KentuckyBob New Member

I've been wanting one of those since they came out but seems I always spend my cash on a pistol. I've bought two FN Herstal pistols in the last month....:D

9. SGT_Calle

SGT_Calle New Member

My shooting buddy has one of these as well and they are great. It works really well as a training tool with the iron sights too, for those fellow Soldiers (coworkers) who we take out shooting. We've seen multiple friends increase their marksmanship scores just from practicing getting good sight pictures.
    We also have a lot of fun putting my Sig 522 up against it, head-to-head, lol.

10. rodent.22

rodent.22 New Member

yeah my 15/22 pistol is a blast to shoot!

Attached Files:

11. safedman

safedman New Member

I am changing the scope but other than that...this is a blast!!!

[​IMG]