M&p 15 .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by limbkiller, Jun 12, 2014.

1. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Just picked this up for $315 out the door. Used but I'm not sure it has even been shot. Like new and not a scratch on it. Came with an Aimpoint red dot!!!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Were you wearing a mask when you stole that?

3. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

LOL There are at least 40 gun, pawn shops within 35 miles of me where I live. Lots of competition here for sales. Of course Kentucky is known for being a backwards gun loving state. One of the main reasons I live here. Plus everybody you meet has a gun or 400. So deals are everywhere.

Shooters Connection, Buds, Centerfire Systems, and many more gun shops within a 30 minute drive. Ky. Gun Co. 55 minutes away. Gun heaven where I live. I feel sorry for people who live in most states.

4. Mercator

Mercator New Member

We are more gun lovin', and almost as backward!! :D

True though, for some reason we just don't have gun marts like Whitaker's. Been there 2 or 3 times. Good Lord! :envy:

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

I live in AZ which is another gun loving state but I dont see deals like that and I keep my eyes open.

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

Nice piece. The 22 ammo situation may have contributed to the deal, maybe not the only reason....

Enjoy.

7. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Killer,

We will be issuing a Warrant for your Arrest for Theft!:p

I am sure you felt real bad about the scalping you gave some one for at least .0000001 of a second!

Nice piece! I have a S&W 15-22 with an EOTech on it and simply love the little rifle! It is accurate, fun and cheap to shoot! Wow! What a deal you made!

WAY TO GO!

8. limbkiller

limbkiller New Member

Bought it at a LGS in Harrodsburg Ky. Lucked into it for sure. Was setting targets up Friday for a shoot I hold every year and a buddy of mine said I know where to get one of them after I mentioned I was heading to Buds to get one. Saved me a bunch of money.

9. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am in NC. In this area of NC guns are high. Used guns go for MSRP or more if you can put on a good show. 100 miles south of here guns go for about the same price as you see online. Charlotte is loaded with good gun shops. One LGS in this area has Winchester 7.62x54r 180gr sp ammo priced at $43. Local shops say they can't compete with online vendors because they have more overhead. Most of these shops are in old buildings that rent pretty cheap. When you present the fact that most online vendors have a brick an mortar shop plus all the labor and packing materials to ship online orders they just shake their head. One shop told me that Buds Gun Shop is a distributor that sells retail they do not do FFL transfers for buds. I told them I don't buy from shops that I never set foot in. Believe it or not I had to explain that one to the salesman. Many times the shop makes as much on ammo and accessories as they do the gun.

10. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Just from the pictures, this gun has not been fired.

Any carbon residue?

Do not shoot any Remington rounds into the MP 15-22. All I have fired is some Federal match and mainly Blazer .22LR 40 grain.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
  11. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

You mean " don't shoot any Thunderbolts" in that rifle, right??

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

12. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

Not just Thunderbolts, any Remington ,22LR ammo, that is from my experience. That was some 10K ammo ago.

Current diet for M&P 15-22 rifle is Blazer CCI and Federal!

I do have Remington Thunderbolts and match grade; but, the Ruger takes them with no issues.

13. Defiant_one

Defiant_one New Member

You are not allowed to post this

As it may cause me to buy one !!! LOL

I have the S&W M&P 15 .223 ...very sweet .,..works flawless. But I have just had this itch to get the same model in .22lr - yours ..I don't need it but can I just want it ? LOL

Congrats on your awesome deal...