M 66 cylinder seating issue

Discussion in 'Taurus Forum' started by PGM, Aug 9, 2020.

1. PGM

PGM Member

image.jpg I would like to know if anyone has a seating problem with closing the cylinder and if a gunsmith could fix it

schnuffleupagus likes this.
  2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Step 1- check and make sure the ejector rod has not unscrewed any. If so, gets longer, will not close.

JimRau, Sniper03 and Rifling82 like this.

3. PGM

PGM Member

I checked and it’s tight but without the factory ammo it closes better

Attached Files:

4. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

Which factory ammo?

5. PGM

PGM Member

Hornady or Lehigh no reloads

Oldoutlaw likes this.
  6. Oldoutlaw

Oldoutlaw Well-Known Member Supporter

OK. Since I do not know, I will ask. Have you done a bunch of shooting using 38spl for range use? I assume this is a 357 Magnum.
    I have had your problem twice in the past.
    The slightly shorter overall length of the 38spl can and will eventually foul up/carbon up your cylinder a bit. Causing a 357 to not quite fully seat in the cylinder.
    Will not say this is your problem, but could be. I brushed the heck out of my two cylinders with old Military bore cleaner and a good CLP. Eventually after enough tries they worked good again for my 357.

7. PGM

PGM Member

Since I bought it new only 125 gr as they recommended

8. PGM

PGM Member

I probably shouldn’t of bothered everyone with this one,but today was my 3rd trip to my new gunsmith,#1 was a mod 37 Ithaca 12 ga with a binding slide a mini/ bullpup that I wanted restored to original. 2nd was removing the right slide lock on my kimber and getting a stainless guide rod bushing and spring on my 1977 bar 30.06 and sending in a naa 22 derringer to the factory.So when he called me to pick up I brought him the Taurus and 30 sec.later showed me the firing pin falling forward with gravity and he mentioned a return spring.Will let you know when it’s resolved.

schnuffleupagus and Rifling82 like this.
  9. PGM

PGM Member

Forgot to take a pic image.jpg

Attached Files:

schnuffleupagus and Rifling82 like this.
  10. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

Part #15. $4 plus shipping. And you have a good smith.

PGM likes this.
  11. PGM

PGM Member

I know and he’s a Noreen dealer,and I’m seriously considering.It was between a garand and the bn36 he talked first what garand was the best,and then the two types of Noreen’s.Im happy with the milling option I chose instead of the total replacement of the ambidextrous safety. Thank to all of you for the help.Gun people are the best.Gotta go vote.