M-63 Tanker Rifle

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by JayCody, Sep 6, 2013.

1. JayCody

JayCody New Member

I like that it comes in 30-06 and that it has a Mauser action but is it worth $550?

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

from mitchel mauser?? no

3. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

I have heard a lot of comments about this company also! And from what I have heard and read I personaly do not think I would buy anything from them. But to be honest I have never had any personal dealings with them.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

i dont see too many good reviews. the samples ive seen arent that great. they sell rewelds pretend they are as issued straight from hitler's armory and charge above collector grade prices. someone that does that is sketchy as hell.

5. JayCody

JayCody New Member

Yeah I have heard that Mitchell's mausers was a scam but didn't think too much of it. I will not be purchasing one.

Thanks for the help

6. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

OMG, I just read their sales pitch! What a load of crap. They have stooped to a new low.

7. DeltaF

DeltaF New Member

$550 is expensive for a "collectors item?" What do your "collectors items" normally cost?

8. JayCody

JayCody New Member

For me a $160 hex mosin is a collector.

9. JonM

JonM Moderator

thats my point. mausers run about 300-350 in very good condition. these are re-welded from decommissioned recievers

10. 303tom

303tom Well-Known Member

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eHXdUcQrRfM[/ame]

11. mag318

mag318 Member

I share the same opinion of MMs as posted above. They rework Russian Capture K98s, renumber and blue them and pass them off as original to less astute buyers. That said I acquired an M-63 in a trade and have to admit I was impressed with the build quality. The little carbine is close to the G33/40s used by German mountain troops during the war. Mine was in 8mm and though the recoil was stout it was very accurate and would make an excellent woods rifle. The M63s are not reworks but brand new production and one of the few legit products from this company.

12. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Their ads don't say the rifles are 100% authentic, just to be fair. They are working refurbs in gtg cond unlike many serious collectibles. Btw for better or worse there is no court definition of a collectible. It's like "world's #1" sometimes true but mostly hype

13. mag318

mag318 Member

What bothers most collectors is what MM omits in their advertising. Some new collector may actually believe he's buying a legit all matching K98k. They don't tell you that they scrub all the non matching numbers and renumber them. They carefully parch their wording as not to be completely misleading. I dare say that if they honestly described how they take Russian Capture K98s and completely redo them to look presentable they would be more respected.

14. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

Yeah their marketing and description is all false. Most parts are either reproduced or taken off Mausers of different models. So Mitchell's Mausers will never get my business. I almost bought a M48 from a private seller and I got it in my hands and immediately have it back to the seller. The stock was rough like it was cut with a hacksaw and the metal was pitch black. But I have a question, do they do the same with their M91/30 Mosin snipers? I've seen them advertised and wanted to know of their originality. They also have an option on their website to get a rifle from "a great battle of WWII" they come with a certificate stating it was used in places like Stalingrad or Berlin. BS. That's all I have to say.

15. shadecorp

shadecorp Active Member Supporter

A few times over the years I thought of buying something from mm,
    but, something Did Not seem right.
    So I put it off to another time.
    Well I will still read the ads,
    But buy, NO.
    and thanks folks, for the information

16. JonM

JonM Moderator

a couple hours on my computer and a trip to kinko's and i can have a letter of provenance saying my pink mosin was carried by vasily zaitsev himself...

a collector grade rifle is original. what they are doing is creating fakes.

the only legit mosin snipers come from r-guns of all places, aim surplus, and century arms. a legit rearsenaled sniper runs between 600-900 depending on condition. parted together mosins run about 450$. mitchel mausers take mosin 91/30 off the rack extend the bolt handle drill the reciever and cut the stock for the mount. total rip off.

at dunhams here two weeks ago they had a mm 91/30 sniper with the letter of provenance saying it was used by the russians in ww2 never re-arsenaled. it had a chromed bolt and a hex reciever...

91/30 only got chromed bolts after the war as part of the rearsenal for storage and no hex receiever sniper was ever made. all snipers are round reciever