M-16 Pistol

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by ChesterCheeto, Aug 9, 2007.

1. ChesterCheeto

ChesterCheeto New Member

What would it take to buid an M-16 pistol besides getting a class II and the paperwork?

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Very short barrels on the AR/m-16 platform are notorious for not functioning well. That would be a biotch of project.

3. DonnyKC

DonnyKC New Member

doesnt bushmaster sell a version of the ar-15 in a hand gun version. close to the size of the mp5. looks kinda weird imo

4. Etho

Etho New Member

Ar pistols are very common.

Doing an M16 pistol would require buying a transferrable lower for several thousand then building it into a pistol.

5. cnorman18

cnorman18 New Member

Kel-Tec PLR-16

Why go to all that trouble? Kel-Tec now makes their PLR-16, a 5.56mm NATO (.223) gas-operated pistol that uses the M-16 breech-locking system and even takes M-16 magazines. It got a great review from John Taffin in American Handgunner--100-yard groups under 1". No NFA nonsense required. Sounds like just what you want. I want one...

6. rachilders

rachilders New Member

I've had a PLR-16 for about a year and love it. It's reliable, accurate (sub 2" groups at 100 yds) and affordable. The base gun sells here for about $450 and fully tricked out with all the options from K-T, one will set you back about another $100-$150. I like it so much, I even made it my avatar and it's my SHTF/home defense weapon of choice

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 19, 2007
  7. billt

billt New Member

[​IMG]

This is my wifes Bushmaster Carbon 15 21S Pistol in 5.56 MM. It's the same one she's holding in my avatar. This thing runs great, and is a blast to shoot. Very little recoil, accurate with the EO-Tech Holographic sight I mounted on it for her, and with Federal XM-193 Ball ammo, you get a huge muzzle flash! Bill T.