M-1 U.S. Carbine

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by RadioActiV, Sep 29, 2010.

1. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I am trying to figure out what a part is on my Carbine. It's a Underwood/Quality Hardware Machine Co. M-1 U.S. Carbine.

I have searched endlessly on the interwebs looking for anything that would describe this part and I get nothing. I have included pics of it to see if anyone may know thank you for your help to who replies.

I posted big pictures so that you can see the part clearly. (I am still under size the limit:p)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

3. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

I thought that also, but I can't find anything on an M-2's breakdown either.

The part that is in question doesn't move much it bumps against the slide and moves a block near the hammer.

The block near the hammer does not move enough to make a full contact point with the hammer. I have not fired the gun so I do not know if it is capable of rapid fire.

It is stamped above the breech M-1 U.S. Carbine. (but that's not to say someone might have switched the trigger group)

thank you for your response tho:D

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Please keep us in the loop. I love a good mystery. ;)

5. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

Well just joined the http://m1carbineforum.forumco.com to see if these fine people might be able to shed some light for me.

Don't worry though I'm still a loyal FTF member:p

6. RadioActiV

RadioActiV New Member

As usual

I always falter before I prevail :eek: lol. I found my info that I needed. :D

It is a disconnector lever.

It appears as though the model that I have, either use to be or was retrofitted from parts of a fully auto M-1.

It still needs the selector and the selector spring to become a full auto again. (I am not going to persue that at all!!)

I included some pics of the manual for your enjoyment.;)

Attached Files: