M-1 Garand I just aquired

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by RONSERESURPLUS, Feb 15, 2010.

1. RONSERESURPLUS

RONSERESURPLUS New Member

Hello all, RON L here - SERE SURPLUS

I recently got this Springfield Armory M-1 Garand, It was obtained in a Part Trade, Part Trade for wood work, I have approx $450.00 wrapped up in it, as well as my labor refinishing wood stocks, I have not fired it yet and have been aquainting myself with it, as I was more familuar with the M-14/M1A, I will work with ths one till I can trade or buy a M-1A, see Pics:

[​IMG]

2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Congratulations and watch your thumb. ;)

3. RONSERESURPLUS

Thanks ca357

HELLO ALL, RON L HERE, Thanks CA357

Yea, Been cleaning the Cosmoline out of the Action and Grease and Gunk, It's a ways to go, but I like it and yea, i'm more used to M-14/M-1A, so I'll watch that Thumb! LOL I got it and 56 rounds of ammo, plus 40 En Block Clips, got it in a Buy/Part Trade for some wood work, I havre about $450.00 tied up in it! I'm Happy, hope to shoot it this week! I will wait till it's at least 20 Deg?? LOL

RON

4. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

$450. is a major steal Ron. :cool:

5. Uchahi

Uchahi New Member

6. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

Looks like you got a good deal. Make sure you only shoot military surplus ammo in it and no commercial so the op rod doesn't get bent.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

WOW, a Crosley washing machine! [​IMG]

8. m72law

m72law New Member

i had one of these crosleys...SHE DIED...but she held in there for a while.W.T.H. have you been washing in that thing RON (MURDER weapons)?..good washing machine....great rifle!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  9. Dcomf

Dcomf New Member

That's why they make adjustable gas plugs.

10. RONSERESURPLUS

Thanks all

Thanks all, RON L here

I had to sell a feew othjer items, and I did some wood refinishing for the guy he had 3 of them and I feel I got the Middle cousin! It'sa a Fine rifle and will post again after I do all the wod refinsihing and al that mess, the Crosly is a dryer and yes she runs well, thats wood stain ya see on her, and not dirt and grit or blood, LOL thanks aal for the Nice comments, I'm happy with the Old Garand! (Till I find me a M-1A)?????

11. RONSERESURPLUS

Thanks all

Thanks all, Yes, I'm happy with the 'Old Girl", it has been a Long time coming but I did work for the fellow in woodwork on his other stocks and part cash, so I have like 450$ total tied up and she will shoot well I hope and yes, will Watch the thumb!

RON

12. Ghillie-Monster

Ghillie-Monster New Member

Nice! The setting you took that picture in looks like it could have come out of Grand Toronto! congrads, enjoy it!

13. Silvertip 44

Silvertip 44 New Member

I think I was reprimanded for not mentioning it but I did purchase a McCann adjustable plug before I ever fired my original M1.

14. RONSERESURPLUS

M-1 Garand Post, thanks t all

Hello all, RON here - SERE SURPLUS

Yes this is another Gun I got after we managed t catch up n bills, we did have to sell off a Lot of stuff including a few guns but this one came along, i was able to pay a little at a time on it as well as do sme of the $ in woodwork for a felow, hense the wood stain on my drier in the Pics!

Thanks to all that contributed and many thanks onthe kind comments and idea's about the gas Plus, wil look into that for sure as I'm new to M-1 garand, I'm more of an M-1A type guy! LOL

15. Mud4Brains

Mud4Brains New Member

Uh...guys. That's a DRIER...not a washer.

:D