Lwrc

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by matt g, Jan 8, 2009.

1. matt g

matt g New Member Supporter

Anyone have any experience with them? Good? Bad? Ugly?

I'm particularly interested in their bolt design on their 7.62x51mm rifles:

[​IMG]

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Well, just in case anyone is expecting me to chime in with some info, this is all I got for you: :D

They are a pretty new company, they haven't been around long, but they want to reinvent the short stroke gas piston system. I saw a little bit about them about a year ago at SHOT and that is about it. They didn't have a working model at the table at the time, they had one of the outer, outer booths with pamphlets and stuff like that. Haven't held one, haven't seen one in real time - so I am of no help what so ever on this one.

Apparently they have a Future Weapons with Mack episode on their site, but I can't view it here at work.

Sorry Bro -

JD

3. matt g

They seem to be going after the SR-25/M110 with their SABR design. It appears to be a better design too. Their new bolt design eliminates the typical suppressed AR problem of blowing gasses back into the shooter's eyes. It also seems like it would allow you work the bolt without taking your eyes off target, which is another massive advantage over the AR/SR-25/M110 design.

The short stroke gas piston is just the icing on the cake.

4. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

is that the gun that starts in open bolt position like the saw

5. matt g

No AR will ever fire from the open bolt position.

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

I haven't seen enough about it to be able to say one way or another. Just looking at their parts list ( ARM-R Fore-end, Vltor stock, Troy BUIS, Magpul MIAD grip and PMags) it would appear it's going to spendy, but if it truly is the next step forward, and it can shoot ( and I mean REALLY shoot well ) I could see myself getting more interested as they become more common place....

Assuming of course we can still by them in the Occupied States of America. :mad:

7. matt g

Let's not forget the Geissele triggers.

http://www.geissele.com/detail.aspx?ID=2

Last edited: Jan 8, 2009
  8. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah, here you go Matt be the first on your block with the new 16" upper. Only $1,121.... :eek:

I am betting a complete unit is going to be in excess of $2500 BEFORE Optics....

JD

9. sgtdeath66

sgtdeath66 New Member

i cant remember what rifle it was but it was on future weapons. but it starts out in the open bolt position and from what i remember itwas a ar15 variant

10. matt g

That's the M6 upper too, not the SABR upper.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Yeah, I saw that after I posted, but it does feature their new gas piston system.

Going to be pricey - and just in time for the Gun Ban....

JD

12. matt g

It's not possible with the gas system. As far as I can tell LWRC abandoned the project because it was way too problematic and they couldn't make it work with the number or M4 parts that the USMC wanted.

Accuracy suffers dearly through open bolt systems also. There is no way that you could take an M4, make it open bolt and even be able to zero it to military specs.

13. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

It may not exactly be an AR but Colt made an M-16 variant that fired from the open bolt. Sort of a 5.56 answer to the BAR. 40 rd mags. Squared off forened. Very rare. Uppers were available a few years ago.

14. matt g

I've seen it, there are a few up for sale right now. The action is closer to Eugene Stoner's original design of the Stoner 63 than it is to his AR-10 design.

15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Digging up an old thread but thought Id add to it in-case someone was looking for some info.

I own a M6A1 and love it. After a year it has yet to malfunction and has kept me very happy. Worth the money.