LTC application ?

Discussion in 'Massachusetts Gun Forum' started by stretchrunner147, Apr 21, 2013.

1. stretchrunner147

stretchrunner147 New Member

If you volunteered to enter a hospital for depression, would i have to report this for the" have you ever been committed to a mental hospital? " Thanks

2. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I would talk to a lawyer that deals with firearms laws in MA.

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO no. voluntary is different than being committed. IMO, voluntarily going in to the hospital for depression isn't any different than going in for a gall bladder surgery.

committed would be you were declared mentally unstable for whatever reasons and sent there by a court order.

as suggested, check with an attorney to be 100% sure.

4. MoreAltitude

MoreAltitude New Member

+1 what he said. No worries, non issue...

5. stretchrunner147

stretchrunner147 New Member

thank you for your feedback ...

6. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

My sister is in the same boat.

I contacted a few lawyers that specialize in our gun laws. They told me that if she went in on her own, then no, it isn't an issue.

However, one did say that the chief of the issuing town could be a d*ck, and use his "discretionary authority" to deny it.

My advice, contact GOAL.org. Ask them. And ask what can you do if the chief decides to deny it.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

IMO, i don't think it would ever show up if the person admited themselves. anymore than if you admited yourself for voluntary surgey.

i would contact a lawyer just to be sure.