LPK Installation

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by ShagNasty1001, Nov 28, 2012.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Well I received my LPK from Palmetto State Armory and so far so good, I only have two hang ups, one which is keeping me from finishing. I am unable to get the roll pin to go into the rear end of the trigger guard, the one closest to the grip, and i also am unable to get the trigger pin to go through the entire trigger, even when it is out of the lower. It looks like the disconnector isnt allowing it all the way through. Any help with these problems would be greatly appreciated!

2. Quentin

Quentin New Member

You could hand turn a proper sized drill bit inside the trigger and disconnector hols to remove flash, etc. Be very careful with the trigger guard ears, don't whack on the roll pin with the bottom ear unsupported. Easy does it.

3. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Awesome! I tried the drill bit in the trigger guard and it worked like a charm. I haven't had a chance to try it on the disconnector yet

4. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

Make sure teh disconnector spring is right side up. The fat end goes down into teh tail of the trigger. If you have the fat side up it can keep the disconnector from sitting all teh way down in the trigger.

5. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Ill have to double check that. I think the fat side is up. I didn't know it mattered. Learn something new everyday

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

You'll feel the disconnector spring "snap" when it goes into place.

7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I was able to get it as much together as I can for now (I still need a buffer tube and stock assembly) but here she is so far! I think I am going to top her with a 300blk upper since I have a bunch of .223 casings and .30cal bullets for when I reloaded my .308. What do you all think? Also what would a good barrel length be for the blackout? I would like to make it an SBR with a can but alas I am not able to since I am not yet 21

Attached Files:

8. brettc

brettc New Member

I really like those YHM lowers, don't know why just look good to me. Good luck with your build man

9. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Well thank ya. Yeah it was the look that really got me towards this one over the cmmg and RRA

10. brettc

brettc New Member

I have 3 spike spiders and 2 PSA, but if I ever come along one of those ill be picking it up for sure.

11. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Just an update to the lower build, I finally got everything put together after making a quick run to the local gun show today. While it is complete, I did end up having to get a commercial buffer tube since there were no milspec. I am going to order a milspec after Christmas, I was just wanting this thing to be done haha

Attached Files:

12. russ

russ New Member

If your stock fits well on the commercial sized tube, there's no need to order a mil-spec diameter tube.

Nice looking lower BTW.

13. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'm not gonna change it right away, just when I have spare funds that way I can have extra parts anyways. And thank you, I'm thinking about changing the color to gold instead of green