Lower reciever

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by FullautoUSA, Jun 26, 2013.

1. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

Awhile ago I built a lower out of an air soft gun and posted a picture of it in the picture thread, well I was worried because it didn't have the threads for the buffer tube, but yesterday I came up with a solution, using a strong glue I glued an air soft stock onto it so I can put the buffer in it, the only thing I need to for it is put some form of a pad or something so the spring will not come out of it. What are your thoughts?

Attached Files:

2. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

Seems a bit finecky seeing as it is ABS plastic. I would not trust this on an AR15 BUT it is a good start to understanding what it takes to build an AR. I am sure that with some adjustment it COULD fit on an AR platform. Just mod it to your liking. Test the system out then go buy a real one! Pretty cool, thanks for sharing!

3. FullautoUSA

If I do end up putting an upper on it, it will .22 lr, definitely won't put .223 or larger on it :yikes!

4. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i may be wrong, and if i am maybe, someone more versed in plastic AR lowers will correct me, but IMO, i fear that you're fixing to screw up big time!

airsoft guns are not firearms and not made the same as real firearms parts.

IMO, finding out who made the lower and contacting them for advice on what parts to use with that lower would be the best route. modifying airsoft parts, to me seems like a good way to get hurt or very seriously injured.

5. molonlabexx

molonlabexx New Member

.22 LR is a good betting caliber but even such a small caliber can destroy plastic. Best to go with a polymer based or synthetic, maybe even lightweight alloy.

6. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

Are you really going to build a real gun based off of a fake one? Not trying to insult you here as i admire wanting to create something. But I think you should start your creation based off of an 80% lower.

*****edit...... While I don't advise building off of an air soft platform, if you are building a .22lr then you do not even need a buffer tube. Take a look at the 22lr conversion bolts. They stay fixed in place only the internals of the bolt move. So technically no tube needed. Just plug/block off the back hole.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  7. FullautoUSA

Your'e probably right, in .223 it would definitely be a death wish, in .22lr .17hmr or the .177 pellet upper it could work, but it would definitely be smart to get it checked out before doing so, though it would probably be safe in the .177 pellet upper. I think it would be more of a novelty, just to say it can be done, a middle finger, if you will, to gun control advocates :)

8. Axxe55

and gun control advocates are now going after pellet guns?

9. FullautoUSA

No, just to say that one could make an AR lower out of a toy, same reason they freaked out about the 3d printer lower, neither of them would really work, but you can slap a lower on it and fire 3 rounds before it breaks, and that freaks them out.

10. Axxe55

HUH?:confused:

11. FullautoUSA

They were all mad about the 3d printer lowers, the fact that you can make one out of a toy might do the same thing.