Lower Parts Kit and ???

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by SavageGlock, May 7, 2012.

1. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

So today I finally received my Spikes Tactical Punisher lower. Now I'm looking for an LPK, obviously. What's the big difference between Daniel Defense, Spikes or say PSA?
    Since I have a Spikes lower should I get a Spikes LPK to keep it an all spikes build, would that be more badass?
    or does it even matter since DD is better?

One more thing if should I buy a complete parts kit or buy an upgraded trigger and hammer separately for better quality?

Any input would be greatly appreciated

2. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I went with the Rock River LPK for mine. Bobs outfitters had some single stage kits. I like RR.

3. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I'd pay the extra for DD or Stag. No experience with Spikes. PSA is good for the money. Trigger upgrades is a whole nother subject.

4. okdonk

okdonk New Member

In my opinion, PSA's LPK is good and reasonable price. I use them and will getting for more future builds. Most importantly is the fire control group. Get the ALG combat trigger $65 from PSA and the KNS anti rotating pins.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

I have personally installed or help install over 7 LPKs from PSA without any problems!

The FCG is hit or miss, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. Milspec Triggers aren't the most consistent things in the world.

6. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

That's why I was asking if I should buy it piece by piece? Would it better than buying a a complete kit from a company. Or is the DD trigger pretty smooth and LPK reliable!?

7. Quentin

Quentin New Member

The DD is pretty smooth for a milspec trigger. Their LPK is reliable. If you find you don't like milspec you can always buy a custom trigger group later.

If you want to piece something together, G&R Tactical will do that.

8. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

my friend put a RRA LPK single stage with match trigger. its amazing. its so crisp you'll never want anything else.

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I would prefer the DD LPK but have gone w/ PSA as well. I would not take the risk on a RRA 2 stage trigger if I was putting it in an AR that was going to be used w/ any regularity.

10. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

@mikeJK what do you mean take the risk with RRA?
    I guess I'll go with DD and hopefully like it... I just don't want a clunky or long trigger.

11. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Btw.. who is selling the DD's? I barely see anyone sell DD's lpk or trigger.

12. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

RRA 2 stage trigger. 85% of what I've seen from those who shoot a lot is negative. They report the trigger getting mushy and failing.

Like my 1st sgt. told us, I don't have to eat a **** sandwich to know I won't like how it tastes.

13. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

There are a lot of first han reports that high round count RRA 2 stage triggers failing. They start to double or go full auto as they get older. Most speculate not if they are going to go, but when.

14. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

Okay I've been browsing lower parts kits online and locally for a few weeks... I always read reviews and make sure when I purchase something it's %100 what I want.

Anyway I have found a spikes tactical enhanced lower parts kit W/ ergo grip, billet trigger guard, baron coated trigger... Basically looks pretty badass for $196 +shipping or a normal spikes tactical LPK for $119+shipping...

The other option would be a PSA LPK which I could spend $100-$200 on or get a cheaper CMMG DPMS or Bushmaster for $70-$80.

This is my first build and plan on keeping it forever! Any input would be awesome!

Hopefully I can order by the end of the day!

15. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

I'll only speak on the one I have, which is the PSA LPK, and I am quite happy with it. Trigger is crisp and clean, with no slop in it. I've only got about 1,200 rounds through it so far, but it's not had one single issue and trigger is just as crisp as it was the day I first pulled it.

16. X-mark

X-mark New Member

All of the above is more than you really need to spend. A normal Spike's LPK should never be $119 and I would never spend $70 for a Bushmaster kit. A basic mil-spec LPK will be around $60-$75, give or take a couple dollars. Even an LPK w/o FCG, plus an ALG QMS will be under $100. I can put together a Spike's LPK w/o FCG and an ALG ACT for you for $100.95...just PM or email me.

17. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Those prices seem high. PSA lpks used to sell for $50.

18. SavageGlock

SavageGlock New Member

@benluby which PSA LPK do you suggest?

@x-mark where do you find these parts in stock?
    I've looked almost everywhere for spikes LPK and can't find them.

@quentin sorry the PSA is $65 for the LPK... I was looking at a kit that includes a stalk and buffer for around $145.

I am tempted to keep this an all spikes lower... But probably doesn't matter.

19. Quentin

Quentin New Member

If you want to keep it all Spikes, nothing wrong with that.

20. okdonk

okdonk New Member

Agree! Thats how i did on my other build. I got the PSA classic LPK and used the ALG combat trigger. Sold the PSA FCG on ebay for $35 as i had no use of it. ;)