low profile gas block for bull barrel?

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by infotech, Dec 16, 2008.

  1. infotech

    infotech New Member

    I want to switch the handguard out on my sniper AR - it has a bull barrel which measures .925 OD at the current block. I haven't had too much luck finding a low profile replacement block. Anyone know of one which will fit and won't break loose under extended shooting?
  2. Dillinger

    Dillinger New Member

    Whoa! .925?! Are you sure? I mean, I know you are, but that is huge! I don't know anyone who is making a drop in that large. Larue makes them for up to about .875, and that is the largest I know of off the top of my head.

    On bull barrel AR's we generally have to turn down the area for the gas block and then flute a groove for the gas tube, or go with the less conventional bent tube configuration.

    Good luck and let me know how the search goes. That is definitely a BULL barrel you got there....


  3. stalkingbear

    stalkingbear Well-Known Member

    Now I realize this is an stupid question but is the current handguard freefloat type, and are you going back with longer handguard? I don't understand your problem if you are replacing it with same size.