Low inflation?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JTJ, Sep 18, 2012.

1. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

The government is trying to tell us we have low inflation. Obviously they are lying as usual. At Walmart raisins were $3.97/24 oz. At one time the box held 32 oz. the other day raisins were $3.97 but the box now reads 20 oz. That is an 18% increase. I have been noticing this with a lot of other products. Ice cream went from 2 quarts/half gallon to 1.5 quarts but the price did not drop. That amounts to a 33% increase in price. Look at your groceries and what has not gone up in price has gone down in volume. List some of the items.

2. fmj

fmj New Member

In direct answer it is EVERYTHING!

By Govt standards inflation IS stagnant. But as usual they cook the books so to speak.

They DO NOT figure the price of food or fuel into the equation for figuring inflation.

Same with the unemployment rate. Its hung @ 8.5 % or some such for YEARS....but they dont take into account those that have been kicked off the system or those that WERE making $30 an hour now working @ wally world for $8.

3. fmj

fmj New Member

BEER!

30 pack of Busch light was $13.25 its now $15.95!:eek: How is one expected to survive!?!?

4. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

What weirds me out, is that while prices have gone UP, manufacturers have slyly made their products smaller to appear as if things are the same. I wonder if this administration had something to do with that... I mean, they did go after and convince candy makers to quit manufacturing king sized candy bars.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiep..._michelle_obama_no_more_king_sized_candy_bars

So it is no stretch to say that this administration colludes and coerces food manufacturers to their bidding....

5. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Drinking light beer is just surviving.:rolleyes:

6. tri70

tri70 New Member

Toilet paper! The double rolls we buy are the old normal size that cost 2x as much!

7. fmj

fmj New Member

No. This is a time honored technique that has been used for decades.

8. fmj

fmj New Member

GOTTA drink the diet beer, If i dont watch my figure, the girlys wont either.:p

9. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Nothing new here. This has been going on since at least Roman times. Reading history is preety neat. There's nothing new under the sun.
    Thebig news back in the '40s was Milton Hershey decreasing the size of his bar so as not to increase the 5 cent price.

10. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member