lovin the weatherby

Discussion in 'General Rifle Discussion' started by 500mag_guy, Mar 13, 2011.

1. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

I bought that weatherby vanguard sub moa 223 rem the other day at the gun show and finally got out to really shoot it. Man sub moa is the honest truth! id like to give a little credit to the hand loads though:D 6 shots 100 yards less the 1". i love it and i didnt even have to sight it in!! One of these days ill get a day with no wind and ill put them all in one hole :)

2. AusLach

AusLach Active Member

They really are excellent little guns, my version isn't even the sub-MOA, it's just the Blued Synthetic, but will still put 5 shots into .8" at 110 yards with the cheapest ammo I can buy- American Eagle 50 grainers..
    [​IMG]

This was with a slight right-to-left crosswind, hence the bullet stikes being slightly to the left of where they should be.

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

That sounds great. Congrats on acquiring a good rifle.

4. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

its amazing! I love this thing. It shots so nice! its so heavy it doesnt move at all when i give the ol squeeze.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

Looks like you got yourself a shooter. And believe it or not I think it will get tighter groups the more you shoot her and get the ammo tuned!

Great group!

6. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

boy i thank you 03 you let me know what to shoot and what not too. I love the way those 50gr nos bt fly through it. I cant wait for the day there is no wind!! new subject for you 03. do you know anything about Vortex riflescopes? Im looking at a Vortex Viper 6.5-20x50 PA Matte riflescope for my 300 RUM. is this a good choice or is the RUM going to rattle it to pieces?

7. Poink88

Poink88 New Member

Weatherby Vanguard is an under rated rifle IMHO. I love the adjustable trigger as well.

Good shooting guys!!!

8. 500mag_guy

500mag_guy New Member

i agree 100%. I mean when you can put 6 shots inside 1" at 100 yards with a stout wind there is something to be said. and when i get a chance with no wind i will make sure those 6 bullets are mating the first hole. I dont care who you are a three shot group with all three holes touching or inside of each other is pretty damn sweet. and people think you need a mark V to do this but Vanguards are very capable of it.

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

how can anyone hate on a weatherby...
    i wouldnt mind one of these to complment my weatherby MK. XXII

Last edited: Mar 15, 2011