Love This Comeback!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by UnderFire, Oct 7, 2009.

1. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

I received this e~mail from a friend...thoroughly enjoyed it so I posted here for all of you to read. It's circulating through the net so you might have already read it, but for the ones who haven't...

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in California . He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming people were to him and his troops everywhere he goes, telling me how people shake their hands and thank them for being willing to serve and fight for not only our own freedoms, but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he stopped at yesterday on his way home from the base. He said that ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S. flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock.

The cashier reached up and touched the pin, and said proudly, 'Yes, I always wear it and probably always will.'

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi.

A gentleman standing behind my son stepped forward. Putting his arm around my son's shoulders and nodding towards my son, he said in a calm and gentle voice to the Iraqi woman :
    'Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here, in MY country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen.
    It is my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid.

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

:D Love It!!

2. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Outstanding!!!!!! [​IMG]

3. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Brilliant......my thanks to your son and all others serving.

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

All i can say to that is - damn skippy!

Anyone, I repeat anyone, that doesn't want to be here can just pack up and get the hell out. While I disagree with our current government and I think most politicians should be imprisoned - this is still the greatest nation of the face of the earth...

6. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Plus Infinity!!

Very well said and expresses what a lot of good folks here in the greatest country on the planet feel.

JD

7. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Outstanding and well said.

8. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

This is excellent! I love hearing about these incidents, it makes me even more proud of our troops and our country.

god_bless_america_ribbon_swaying_md_wht.gif

9. 2hot2handle

2hot2handle New Member

Hehehehe on a side note. I guess we know now why they don't let their women speak very freely.............:D

10. falseharmonix

falseharmonix New Member

Precisely.

So they come here and bit$h about how we bomb them back in their country, not realizing that if she were to say that in her country that she would be either pimp-slapped into a pulp, or shot....on site....

11. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Although I do have a son serving in the Military (Air Force, stationed in Arkansas), this e~mail was sent to me from a friend who lives in California about his son.

Thank-you. Your appreciation is very warming. :)

12. WDB

WDB New Member

That is a wonderful expression!

There should be a website set up (your ticket home.com) for anyone who doen't like this country. A one way ticket given to anyone back to where you are from or any other country (just get the Fu&k out) if you don't like the way we do things in the US. Conditions would apply (well only one) You have to sign a document that you will Never return to the US and if you do you would be considered a terrorist.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  13. Windwalker

Windwalker New Member

These are great posts. WDB, I like your idea of the "Your Ticket Home" website.

14. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

That's the kind of thing I like to see...people who respect those who are serving in the military and willing to stand up and declare that respect. [​IMG]

15. innezka

innezka New Member

that is the best come back i have ever heard. and the most peaceful. hooah to your son and that gentleman behind him!

16. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

+ Infinity, and my country.

Now....if they would just follow that sound advice, and do as they were told. :rolleyes:

Jack

17. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

i got an email a while back that was similar to this. ill post it.

18. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

What's your point?
    You may have...read my opening lines in the OP.

19. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

might be something someone would like to read. I posted it and a few people liked it.

20. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

That's fine, but it sounds like you need to start a new thread.