Lou Reed passed

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Oct 27, 2013.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Lou Reed died today. He was 71 years old. I'm kind of surprised he lived so long.
    R.I.P.

2. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

3. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Sad news.... R.I.P. and may your music live forever.....

4. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

R.I.P. Mr. Reed, your music was...interesting.

5. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

I liked some of his stuff, but, some of it was just New York style I guess and I'm a country boy. Still, he did some make some innovative music. I'm sure he had an interesting life around some very creative people.

6. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

RIP. I like the Cowboy Junkies cover of Sweet Jane.

7. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Yeah, he was definitely NY based but he was a huge influence on a couple of generations. With all of his incarnations, I'll always go back to his solo version of Sweet Jane.
    Others will probably rag on me for that but it's still one of my favorites.

8. TLuker

TLuker Active Member

I'm always glad that everyone isn't like me because the world would be a really boring place if they where. Lou Reed was one of those people that wasn't like anyone else, and no matter what you think about him he made the world a little more interesting. I respected some of what he did and I wasn't really a fan, but I can say the world seems a little more drab without him in it. May he rest in peace.

9. Kennydale

Kennydale New Member

[ame="http://youtu.be/kwLlvcDi4PQ"]http://youtu.be/kwLlvcDi4PQ[/ame]

10. txpossum

txpossum New Member

The Trinity Sessions album is a big favorite of mind. Great mood album for setting the tone, if you know what I mean.

11. txpossum

txpossum New Member

I liked some of his solo work, and some of the Velvet Underground songs, but mostly it was too dense for me to enjoy at the time. I liked it more as the years went by. Lou Reed was much more influential to other musicians than he was a household name.

As has been stated before, surprised he lived as long as he did .

12. SSGN_Doc

SSGN_Doc Well-Known Member

One of my favorite albums as well. The auditory clarity of it is amazing for the time. And the fact that it was recorded with a single mic touches the AV nerd in me. I listened to it frequently underway on the boat when I needed some peace and a calming vibe. Hearing a female voice is a treat after a couple months under water surrounded by dudes.

13. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

That's a shame, but I'm glad he made it so long. I bet noone saw that coming, him included.

14. DrFootball

DrFootball disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED... Lifetime Supporter

He was one of those "Originals" in the biz...