Lost my dog on Saturday

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by BunnyWabbit, Sep 13, 2010.

1. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

:(Don't take for granted the special pets in your life. I buried one on Saturday night in a nice wooden ammo box with a latching lid. Since her name was Ammo, I thought it appropriate.

I wish someone had given Jesus a dog, as loyal and loving as mine.
    To sleep by His manger and gaze in His eyes, and adore Him for being divine.

As our Lord grew to manhood His faithful dog, would have followed Him all through the day.
    While He preached to the crowds and made the sick well and knelt in the garden to pray.

It is sad to remember that Christ went away to face death alone and apart.
    With no tender dog following close behind, to comfort its Master's Heart.

And when Jesus rose on that Easter morn, how happy He would have been,
    As His dog kissed His hand and barked it's delight, for The One who died for all men.

Well, the Lord has a dog now, I just sent Him mine, the old pal so dear to me.
    And I smile through my tears on this first day alone, knowing they're in eternity.

Day after day, the whole day through, wherever my road inclined,
    Four feet said, "Wait, I'm coming with you!" and trotted along behind.

Rudyard Kipling

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

3. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

That is sad news Bunny. My heart goes out to you.

So hard to lose a friend as close as a dog. But so worth the pain for all the love they give.

4. Leatherneck1775

Leatherneck1775 New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that. Losing a family member is never easy. our thoughts are with you.

5. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Sorry to hear that. Took me five years to replace the best dog I ever had named Buddog. I now have another lab named Darla (or Yummy) who is my new best dog I've ever had. Never met a dog I didn't like, wish I could same the same for humans. Good luck, Joe

6. BunnyWabbit

BunnyWabbit New Member

She was one half of my two matching rat terriers named Ruger and Ammo. I still have Ruger and also have a black Lab. But she was the first dog and I would have had her for 13 years this November.

The weirdest part of all of this, when she died, I put her on her blanket on the floor and told the other dogs to come tell her goodbye. The lab came up and licked her face and went and layed down. Ruger came up but wouldn't come within 5 feet of her, then went and ran to his kennel and wouldn't come out for a couple hours. When she was sick, Ruger would lay in the recliner with her and keep her warm. It was sad.

7. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

I am sorry for your loss Bunny, keep hold on those memories of Ammo and she will always be with you.

Scubie

8. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Sorry for your loss BW.

This is a very "dog friendly" forum and when one of us loses a family member each of us has a hole in our hearts.

Godspeed Ammo.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

I am sincerely sorry for your loss BW. :(

A loss of a loved and devoted, canine family member, whose companionship, unending loyalty and unconditional love, will always be hard to take...I don't care who you are or how tough you think you are.

My heartfelt condolences for you loss. Indeed, Godspeed Ammo.

10. orangello

orangello New Member

My condonlences on the loss of your little friend.

11. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Godspeed Ammo! I am sorry for your loss BW. My heart goes out to you in this time as I know I will be an emotional wreck when my big guy has to finally lay down for the last time. :(

JD

12. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

The little furry ones become like family. I'm sorry for your loss.

13. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Bunny Wabbit, I am so sorry to hear of the passing of Ammo. I'm sure he couldn't have lived a better life anywhere than with you. Hold on to the memories and enjoy all you had with him. He may be gone to the world but he's in you heart always, everywhere you go.

Rest in Peace, Little Ammo.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I am truly sorry for your loss.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown..

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  15. RugerShootinGal

RugerShootinGal New Member

I am sorry you lost your little Ammo. I know that is heartbreaking. :(

16. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Sorry for your loss. I lost my first dog some time ago and I don't know if I'll ever get over it.

17. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Truly sorry to hear about the loss of your friend Wabbit

18. CGO

CGO New Member

I am so sorry you lost your little buddy. You told me on the phone that you didn't think Ammo wouldn't last much longer. :( Now Ammo is off playing with Scotty!!!

19. pslman

pslman New Member

Sorry to hear of your loss Bunny. I still miss a dog of mine named Bandit, he died in '92 but every once in a while I'll think of him.

20. saviorslegacy

saviorslegacy New Member

This past Saturday was a bad day.
    My Grandpa was so close to death on that day that his limbs were modeling. Some how he came out of it.
    He is now a vegetable awaiting death.....