Lost my Dad

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by rocshaman, Nov 24, 2012.

1. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

What can you say about someone that has meant everything in your life. None of you knew him, but if you would've, you would have liked him. He treated everyone fair and with kindness, he loved people, he always treated everyone with respect. And in return, he was one of the most respected and well-loved people I've ever known. Everybody loved my Dad and I'm not kidding you guys, I wish you could've have known him because he was just a bright spot in anyone's day. He never had a bad thing to say about anyone, he'd give more than anyone ever expected anyone to give, he helped people just because to him, it was the right way to take care of business. He's gone on to the Lord and by God I miss him already, so much. I'll tell you, I loved my Dad and I will sorely miss him and his wisdom, his love and his insight into everything about our family. It's a tough time for me friends and my family, I'd ask you for your prayers to see us through this time.

2. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I'm saddened to hear of your loss. I wish you peace and happy memories.

3. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Thank you ZG, that means a lot to me.

4. trip286

trip286 New Member

I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

5. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Sorry for your loss.

6. Car54

Car54 New Member

Sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family. Treasure the memories.

7. SSGSF

SSGSF New Member

I am sorry for your loss. I know what it like to lose your father

8. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

Thanks Trip, y'all are like a second family to me here, this is a real tough one here for me. I really feel like you folks are the salt of the earth here. I'm not even sure why I posted this here. I guess I just have to let it out. Thanks for your prayers.

9. trip286

trip286 New Member

We stand by our own. These folks have stood by me.

10. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

You posted here because we got your back!!! Prayers inbound!

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

sorry for your loss and codolences to you and your family. prayers set you way.

12. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

You guys are great, I'm 56 years old but I've never known such sadness in my life. I kind of just don't know what to do. I wasn't ready for him to leave.

13. astroman

astroman Supporting Member Supporter

I'm sorry for your loss of your father - sounds like he was a great man and you were blessed to have him as your dad. Prayers for you and your family during this tough time...

14. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

Tough to loose a parent...something we all go through. Hang in there and you're fortunate to have had such a fine Father.

15. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Sorry for your loss, prayers for you and your family

I lost mine little over 9 years ago. I'm so glad he was around to be part of my wedding, but I still miss him.

Lost mom a couple of months ago, difference being, in her final months we had some "issues". In my heart, I know I did everything I could to help her, but she was too damn stubborn to admit I knew what was better for her, and yet I still miss her too :(

Don't dismiss the need to talk to a counselor.

16. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

My heart goes out to you. May God give you comfort during this time.
    1985 I lost my father, I still feel the pain at certain times.

Remember what he did for you, try to pass that on as best you can.
    We are the old folks now.

17. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

So sorry for your loss. It's hard to lose a parent. I lost my dad about 20 years ago. Thoughts and prayers to you and yours.

18. Coyotenator

Coyotenator New Member

I lost both parents in March of 2011 so I know how badly you are hurting now, but believe me it does get better in time.
    I will keep you in my prayers.

19. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Your memories of your father will get through this tough time. Sorry for your loss, prayers are with you and your family.

20. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

My condolences to you and your family on your loss. I lost my father far too soon 17 years ago. I know for sure that time does heal. Cherish the memories.