1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Sorry, need more information than loose. :confused:

·
Registered
714 Posts
My Colt trigger has some play as well, side to side (I'd need to get a new trigger because I can't add material to the bow), a tiny bit up to bottom and front to back. It's possible to make the trigger a bit stiffer in overall (may slightly increase trigger pull) by playing with the sear spring, I haven't done it on my trigger but I have on my grip safety. I'll let the other experts chip in :)

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
I did a quick search. Looks like a common issue with the s&w. Just replace it if it bothers you.

·
Registered
21,822 Posts
Most 1911 triggers have some freedom of movement in both the horizontal and vertical planes.

This movement should not be "...to the point that it jiggles."

·
Registered
76 Posts
canebrake said:
Most 1911 triggers have some freedom of movement in both the horizontal and vertical planes.

Exactly WRONG
1911triggers should have no vertical play which causes trigger bind

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
The trigger can be replaced.
Cost is minimal if it gives you "peace of mind".

If you are mechanically inclined, you could do it yourself. Just remember that when removing material, you will have a heck of a time adding it back, if needed.

(and keep the Dremel away)

·
Registered
76 Posts
danf_fl said:
The trigger can be replaced.
Cost is minimal if it gives you "peace of mind".

If you are mechanically inclined, you could do it yourself. Just remember that when removing material, you will have a heck of a time adding it back, if needed.

(and keep the Dremel away)
Yes you can replace the trigger but 1 they need to be fitted and 2 the 1911 has 30 moving parts
Trigger jobs usually run about $50

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
I consider $50 to be minimal cost for "peace of mind".

(After paying $125 per magazine for a pistol no longer manufactured, $50 is cheap)

·
Registered
76 Posts
danf_fl said:
I consider $50 to be minimal cost for "peace of mind".

(After paying $125 per magazine for a pistol no longer manufactured, $50 is cheap)
No 50$ is la or doe's require purchase of new trigger to be fitted
You can remove material you can't. Put it back

·
Registered
21,822 Posts

Exactly WRONG
1911triggers should have no vertical play which causes trigger bind
Before I call BS on your statement that every 1911 trigger "...should have no vertical play..." do you really mean NO vertical play?

Because I have shot a boat load of 1911's in my life time and not that I've checked each one, but some form of play has been present. And I have not experienced trigger bind.

·
Registered
11,483 Posts
Sooo anyway...if you don't already know how to completely strip your 1911. You can go on YouTube and find a video. Replacing the trigger is easy.

·
Registered
76 Posts
canebrake said:
Before I call BS on your statement that every 1911 trigger "...should have no vertical play..." do you really mean NO vertical play?

Because I have shot a boat load of 1911's in my life time and not that I've checked each one, but some form of play has been present. And I have not experienced trigger bind.
Yup you got me i took vertical play as a given. .
Sides to side play is unwanted either

·
Registered
76 Posts
mountainman13 said:
Sooo anyway...if you don't already know how to completely strip your 1911. You can go on YouTube and find a video. Replacing the trigger is easy.
Have you ever lined up the disconnect in the back strap?
Too much wont fire too little becomes full auto

1 - 20 of 22 Posts