Loose release lever on a Buffalo Classic

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by dylanboy, Oct 9, 2010.

1. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

I have a Buffalo Classic that has a loose release lever. It works fine as far as opening and closeing the action, but it moves easily and rattles a little when mounting the rifle to my shoulder. Is this common for this model ? I own a H & R shotgun that does'nt do this. Thanks for any help you can give me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  2. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

Patience is........

Patience is a MUST on this forum.

3. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am not familiar with the Buffalo Classic. Any pics?

4. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

I'll try and get some pictures posted, thanks.

5. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

H & R Buffalo Classic

Here's a pic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 17, 2010
  6. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

As with any mechanical device and fitted parts, there may be "slack". I would not be too concerned if it functions correctly. There are ways to "tighten" it up. One way it to use shim material (but that may work its way out with usage).

If it works and safety is not an issue, I would not worry about a little looseness.

7. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

Thanks, it does work as it's supposed too my only concern was the rattle when mounting the rifle. I'll just have to move slow so the whitetail don't spook. Thanks again.

8. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Well-Known Member

It's a simple matter to fit a release latch lever. Take it to your local gunsmith for the easy fix. The spring could be weak as well.

9. dylanboy

dylanboy New Member

I have a gunsmith right up the road, he alway's charges a fair price and does quality work. I 'll take your advice and let him take a look at the rifle. Thanks.