Looking to purchase an optic

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by glockmania, Jun 7, 2012.

1. glockmania

glockmania New Member

I can't make up my mind. From a scope or rds w/ a magnifier for my .223/5.56. I have some help along the way might be leaning towards a scope. Price range is bout $200. Don't have much to spend. Was looking at 1-4x24 for $115. I'll put up the page soon. Any more suggestion could me helpful while I'm still shopping around.

Range. Atleast 200 -300yds

2. glockmania

glockmania New Member

3. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

One would be hard pressed to do any better than the Nikon P223 carbine scope in 3x. It can be had for around 150 dollars including shipping. Nikon has a ballistic program that will match the scope cross hair marks to any load one may wish to shoot.

I have been using mine for several months and am extremely pleased. Nikon is a well made scope at a reasonable price.

http://www.nikonhunting.com/products/riflescopes/p-223/3x32_BDC_Carbine/8496

4. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah. It looks nice n all but n if I do decide to go with it I can't find the order number or price n all. I think my computer well phone is f****** up :). Check it more out later. Thx bro

5. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Have you shoot anything else than 55gr with the scope n does it hold up

6. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

I have shot loads from 50 grains to 64 grains and have experienced zero problems. I am using the Nikon mounts which I also find to be excellent. Optical quality is excellent.

7. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Here's the same scope at SWFA. You will be hard-pressed to find a bigger selection and good prices.

http://swfa.com/Nikon-3x32-P223-Riflescope-P51917.aspx

8. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Cool. What was pricing for the mounts

9. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

10. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Hey bro if it's not to much to ask for. But do you have any pics looking thru ur sights

11. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

The Nikon "P" mounts are a 50 dollar bill.

12. glockmania

glockmania New Member

For $50. Yeah. I just saw at optic planet for the scope n mounts for $174. N shipping. Not bad bro. Mite def get it. Just wonder if u could do that one thing for me if not. It's cool. It's just crosshairs. Correct. No rds inside

13. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

No circles, dots or balloons. Just regular cross hairs with range marks for the distance. The Nikon ballistic program works it all out for you. I bought mine from Optics Planet and had good service, the mounts were out of stock for a couple days but no big deal. The free shipping works well for me. If you look at the Nikon site it shows the cross hairs and has the "Spoton" ballistic program as well.

14. glockmania

glockmania New Member

Yeah. Thanks bro for your help. Much appreciated

15. CallMaker

CallMaker New Member

You are welcome.

16. glockmania

glockmania New Member