Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Ive been a pistol guy for the majority of my shooting life, and finally looking into the wonderful world of AR style rifles.

Ive been looking them up for months now, considering doing a build or just starting off with a plain Jane AR to get familiar with. By my math, the savings on an AR build plus the anxiety of screwing it up and being overwhelmed by all the moving parts just isnt worth it to me. I personally think I need to feel the gun, explore it in its assembled state and learn how to break it down for cleaning and personal knowledge of the gun.

My budget is around $750 and again I am fine with a very stock rifle to begin with. Later, I can start doing upgrades and dress it up. I actually prefer iron sights to begin with before dabbling in all the fancy optics out there. After some careful consideration, I am leaning towards:

• Mossberg MMR Hunter series AR-15 with 20" barrel, fixed buttstock, 7lbs, and flat top rail for $690.

• Bushmaster XM-15E2S with 15" M4 barrel. A2 front sight base. Collapsable Buttstock. A1 upper receiver with fixed carry handle and rear sight for $735

If you were me.....what would be your suggestions? Leaning heavily towards the Bushmaster but not sure if Im going to hate those raised sights or not. I currently own a Kel-Tec PLR-16 which is the 9" .223 pistol and I'm pretty familiar with the gun and how it breaks down & functions. Although its closer to an AK with the gas piston tube. Thanks in advance

· Registered
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmmm how did I miss that??
I like those specs, and the price, thanks for the suggestion. As you can tell, Im green when it comes at ARs. Ive owned and shot S&W and stand by their quality.....this M&P sport sounds great

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.