Looking for the punishers comp

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing Forum' started by Ultimate_sig, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

does anyone know of a gunsmith that can produce such a thing for me

2. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

If you know what the dimensions,and thread size you need,just about and machine shop could make you one.
    Most gunsmiths will charge you more for one than a machine shop would.

3. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Me and my mentor/partner dang sure will. Especially since there are already several similar models out there already.

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

4. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

I want the punishers comp built onto a barrel, can u make it for me

5. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I would consider the job, but not a Citadel (ref your other post asking if they were good).

6. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Lmao no I wouldnt have that kinda work done for a ****ty gun like that, it would be for my 1911 sig tact ops, but id like to get it done to one without a rail on it proly buy another sig or a colt

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

How much would you charge

8. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Yes i can make it but wont bc you can buy one if you look hard enough

9. m72law

m72law New Member

wilson combat sells some very similar,for $85.00

10. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Not one wielded onto the barrel like franks. I dont want that bunk *** drop in thru the bushing crap. I want a real legit one, one that has the firework display and noise....i wanta loudener.

11. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

The ones on his colts are the drop in kind also

12. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the ones i saw years ago a pistolsmith made were threaded. he replaced the barrel with one that was longer and threaded on the muzzle about 1/2" assembled the pistol, screw the comp on and secured it with a set screw on the bottom. some of them he even removed the front sight from the slide and mounted them to the comp. he also profiled the comp so that it followed the shape of the slide so it looked one seamless unit and blended nicely with the pistol. these typs ae usually pretty pricy in cost.

13. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Most are threaded but all the ones that iv seen like the one he is talkin about slide in over the barrel and buffer rod. Then they are soldered to the frame w a few small tacks. They fall off after about 45 shots.

14. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Thats exact ly why I dont want those

15. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Well i hate to tell you this but any smith that knows what he is doin wont make you one like what you are describin as "fireworks" bc they will think your some dumbass that is gonna go shoot up a school or something. Me and my mentor damn sure thinks that about people that come in sayin stuff like that. I mean no offense when i say that. Its just the way you come across....either that or your a troll

16. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

Lmao shouldnt have said fireworks, ut as for the school thing that wouldnt happen. I just want that comp

17. Marlinman

Marlinman New Member

Well find one that is drop in then have someone tig it on the carefully buff the weld smooth w frame and repaint it

18. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

personally i wouldn't put a comp on a 1911, simply because for most people they serve no practical purpose. most people who put a comp on a 1911 are competition shooters who are looking just any slight increase in faster recovery time from recoil to reacquire the target, or people who think they make their 1911 look cool. i don't shoot competition with my 1911 and my 1911's look plenty cool without any comp attached to them, they stand on their own merits.