Firearms Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Looking for some Ammo?

2K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  winds-of-change 
#1 ·
Can anyone suggest some links to find ammo, that you trust? I used to check out https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/ but they are totally sold out, i know some other links have been posted, any help?

#2 ·
The only PLACE I have ever ordered ammo from online is sgammo, but the best TIME to buy is not when there’s a crisis going on and everyone is panic buying.

I used to be the guy that would buy 50-100 rounds the day before I went shooting and have a dozen or so rounds left over to buying/stocking what I can as I can afford it after the sandy hook/obama panic happened and I saw my first shortage.

It would make me mad seeng people posting here about how they were still out shooting, not worried about ammo prices but now I’m in that boat.

Use this not as a frustration but a learning experience. Slow down on your shooting now and pick up in your buying in the future.

#3 ·
I agree with austin, this is the first panic buying I've experienced but thankfully it slowed down enough to where I'm well stocked. Do I have enough ammo to keep shooting and not worry about my ammo supply decreasing? Well yes, as long as I shoot just a little. The cheaper stuff that's still easy to find and in bulk or individual boxes is birdshot from what I've seen. And skeets if your into skeet shooting. That's all I shoot for now as in alot because I'm well stocked on it and I can always still go buy more shells and skeets. My local Walmart is loaded with skeets, running a little low on the individual shotgun shell boxes (25 each) but the bulk where its 100 shells a box, they have a lot of that stuff in stock.

However, all the popular calibers like 9mm, .22LR, .223/5.56 etc are still gonna be hard to find and some are way out price gouged.

My LGS doesn't even put .223/5.56 out on the shelf anymore. They keep just a low supply of it under the counter and sell it only to those who ask because people that ask are the ones that really need it and that's all they're looking for.

Otherwise, if its out on the shelf. It will be gone in the next hour. And alot of people that stop by there are folks strictly looking for AR ammo and nothing else.

You can also try Palmetto State Armory, I bought from them last month. But you need to check almost every day because sometimes they'll sell over night or within a few days.

#4 ·
Go to Rural King's website and select notify on every item you're interested in. It is extremely rare, but every now and then they do get stuff in stock online at very good prices considering the current situation. You have to act immediately if you get a notification. It can disappear within minutes of receiving the notification. Someone already mentioned SGAmmo. There are several others that have decent deals at times, but you have to be there at the right moment. Just keep checking the sites multiple times every day.

In my area, all of the pawn shops and gun stores have a 2-box limit on all calibers. One pawn shop has had a pretty steady stock on 5.56 and .223 at $8.99 per box. I try to go once a week, but making that drive everyday for 40 rounds is just too much of a hassle.

#7 ·
Can anyone suggest some links to find ammo, that you trust? I used to check out https://www.foundryoutdoors.com/ but they are totally sold out, i know some other links have been posted, any help?
Just got an email notice from Widener's on some ammo (and related components) in. No idea which particular calibers or items you're looking for, but you might given them a try.

Good tip: register at each of the larger, better-known "reloading" and "ammo" websites you can think of, and get onto their notification lists. Then, wait for your email or text to come through letting you know it's available. As you might imagine, though, with demand so high such inventories get snapped up rapidly. So, jump on it as soon as you can.

Or, head to an auction site like, for example, GunBroker. If you set up a saved search, you can set it to notify you daily of new auction possibilities for items you're looking for. Start "watching" several such items. Then wait for the right one to come along where a) most recent buyers seem "full up" on their inventories right now, and b) you find that the most-recent bid on a given auction is a day or two ago. You should occasionally find that the other one or two buyers on an item have forgotten about it or don't happen to be logged in when you come in the last 30mins of the auction to see if you can be the high bidder. You can occasionally pick up an item for a decent, almost normal, price. (Won't happen often, though it might be frequently enough to rebuild your own stores.)

Some to try:

MidwayUSA
Grafs
NatchezSS
Widener's
MidSouthShootersSupply
PowderValley
OpticsPlanet (though, warning: check their in-stock status before buying)

#10 ·
And if whiners like you had stocked up when ammo was plentiful and cheap you would not be hurting. I have not bought ammo at the current high prices and I have enough to keep me shooting. Just sold all my 12 and 20 gauge target loads to the shooting club for what I paid for it pre panic so they could keep shooting. I sold a neighbor 750 rounds of 223 at pre panic price. I helped out because I could. I have been posting sites where ammo was available at decent prices when I find them and I have found them.

#14 ·
And if you found out about other people before you accused and looked like an idiot maybe you wouldn't have made the statement you did.
But, just so you know, I was stocked up far ahead of the liberals that you voted for.
And I'm good on reloading as well. And have given a lot of my stock for barter.
Look in the mirror and repeat that. I did not vote for any Liberals and I supported Trump & the Republicans with cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.