Looking for reliably feeding ammo!!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by JCANNON, Feb 22, 2013.

1. JCANNON

JCANNON New Member

Anyone know of a .380 hollow point ammo that feeds reliably in small (bg380) pistols? Because of the steep feed angle I hear this is what gets hollow points in some trouble so I'm looking for hp's that have a good enough profile to combat this. I'd rather have a reliable feeding hp ammo type that's a few grains less than ideal instead of "+p" equivalent that is finicky... Help me out

2. Tillman7777

Tillman7777 New Member

I have a 380 and nothing I have tried of the hollow point variety has worked consistently..... I have resigned myself to that... Good luck but my Bersa will only feed non hollow point consistently.

3. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

My Sig 238 has eaten everything. My P3AT did too. Try the Critical Defense rounds. Fiochi also makes a smaller diameter HP that functions well.

4. austin92

austin92 New Member

Tried horniday yet?

5. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

Had a Bersa mod.85 with the same issue might want to they polishing the feedramp.That's what it took for mine anyhow.

6. Tillman7777

Tillman7777 New Member

Thanks Sig... I will try polishing the feed ramp. I love the pistol. I just need it to be consistent.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Without a doubt everyone here will give you the best advice they can BUT nobody can tell you with any certianty which brand/type ammo will feed in your gun- Hell of a time to try out different types to find out :(

8. Warsaurus

Warsaurus New Member

Try Hornady HPs. I've never had an issue with them. I use the critical defense rounds and having that tip really helps it chamber much more smoothly than when I used Federal.

9. Doc3402

Doc3402 New Member

My P238 will feed anything I throw at it. My daughter's will not, and it's not the magazines. She has her best luck with Gold Dot.