Looking for red dot scope

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by adkins, Feb 22, 2012.

1. adkins

adkins New Member

I'm looking into putting a red dot on my ar. Was only wanting to spend no more than three hundred on it. I was thinking either a vortex or the lucid hd7 I have no experience with either but was really interested in the lucid haven't heard anything bad so far. Anyone here have experience with them.

2. EiteCombat

EiteCombat New Member

I don't know much about red dots myself. But the guy at my local AR shop was saying the minimum he would buy would be a Burris. And it just so happens that they have one on sale at Miday right now for $119. Normally a $250 sight everywhere. I think when the weekend comes I will be ordering one. I hear a lot of good things about them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/66...ight-30mm-tube-1x-5-moa-dot-matte?cm_vc=TT014

3. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

The best low cost RDS I've round is the Primary Arms Micro. Also don't be afraid to shop the Equipment Exchange on various forums. I purchased one of my H1s used locally.

4. X-mark

X-mark New Member

5. X-mark

X-mark New Member

oops...didn't even see the post before mine...so, I second mjkeat's recommendation :)

6. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

You can get into a C-MORE CTAC for around $300. That's the top dog (short of the ATAC, the real top dog), but I'm partial. They were one of the earliest innovators of the reflex red dot sight.

The C-TAC and A-TAC come with the A2 rear sight integrated into the mount, specifically for the AR.

[​IMG]

7. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

C-more are cool in a very...retro way. One of the first reflex sight out.

+1 on primary arms, I have a m4 clones that's built like a tank and a couple mirco wannabes. Great customer service too.

8. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Top dog as compared to what? Are you saying our troops are compromising w/ their Aimpoints, EoTechs, ACOGS, Elcans, etc.?

9. jamesb

jamesb New Member

Another vote for the Primary Arms (see pic). Got mine for $180 locally with the QD Mount. Online for a bit cheaper. Currently replaced with a 2MOA T-1, but from the times I used it it was very nice.

[​IMG]

10. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

How are you liking that 2 MOA T1?

I bet there are a few nice H1/T1 on the used market because of the new 2 MOA.

11. jamesb

jamesb New Member

I mounted it, but haven't gotten to the range yet. Hoping to get out there this weekend finally.

12. adkins

adkins New Member

I appreciate the input. Don't take this wrong but I was really asking for input on the lucid hd7. I have narrowed it to it or the vortex a buddy of mine has the vortex but I like what I've heard so far about the lucid but don't know anyone running one

13. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

I had a Lucid. Had to send the first one back but the 2nd one worked well for me although it had some funky stuff going on w/ the reticle. There was a slightly noticeable square surrounding the reticle. The optic itself was heavy and large as compared to other RDS.

I've never messed around w/ the Vortex but I still recommend the Primary Arms Micro w/ ADM mount.

14. scottybaccus

scottybaccus New Member

No, those are all first rate red dots. I said REFLEX. C-MORE predates even EoTech in that field and you will see them deployed in the sand, too. Put your hands on one and you'll know what I mean. The aluminum construction is way ahead of the polymer that C-MORE pioneered for competition, but it weighs much less than an EoTech. The integrated A2/A3 rear sight makes it a natural co-witness with the AR front sight and you don't have to work out any special math for what height you need to position properly with the EoTech, etc.

They all have their virtues, but the C-MORE was the innovator.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  15. mjkeat

mjkeat New Member

Cool. I never saw one but I really wasn't looking.