Looking for new "Pocket Pistol" Suggestions

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by diggsbakes, May 9, 2010.

1. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

I need a new pocket pistol as a back-up or summer clothes alternate.

I just traded off a Cobra Derringer .38 special several months ago cause I heard bad reviews and now it is time to replace it.

I do not like Kel-Tec and am iffy towards the .380.

Other than that I would consider any other minor caliber (.22s welcome also). Revolver, semi or maybe even a better quality Derringer. It needs to fit in a front or cargo pocket. Would like to spend $500 or less.

* Opening Suggestion Box *

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Ruger LCR - Everyone will be along shortly to recommend the same thing, but with crazy huked-on-fonix spelling. ;)

JD

3. NGIB

NGIB New Member

My 2 main carries are both .380 - a Walther PPK and a Sig P238. The Sig is small & light enough to work as a pocket carry. Now that I have about 150 rounds thru the Sig - it is my daily carry...

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 9, 2010
  4. Flint Rock

Flint Rock New Member

I trust a Beretta Tomcat (32ACP). I like the combination of size, capacity, and features.

5. Lowrider

Lowrider New Member

I end up carrying the LCP almost every day. Recently put crimson trace lasers grips on it and really like them. BTW, I also have the LCR with Crimson Trace, and it is a fine small gun, but the LCP is considerably smaller.

6. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I have a little S&W J-Frame. Sometimes I even forget it's in my pocket. It's a 38+p.

7. kcolg

kcolg New Member

Almost everybody is very happy with the Bersa .380...every review I read about them is good.

8. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

S&W J Frame. Ruger LCR comes in second, only because I didn't like the cylinder release "button".

9. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Hands down, Elsie Ahrrrrr:

[​IMG]

10. dnthmn2004

dnthmn2004 New Member

Four Four Twooooo

Attached Files:

11. cuate

cuate New Member

Safe, Pocket Carry Auto Pistol

I normally prefer American all steel handguns, larget calibers as .40 & .45 but
    I was watchiong a Texas Highway Patrolman buying a rather inexpensive hide-away gun for an ankle holster. I asked to see one, a Kel-Tec PF-9. 9mm.

It is double action only, no firingpin retained to maybe go off if dropped, no safety, just a double action trigger that raises the hammer and she goes boom. I can hit soft drink cans at gunfight range and I load 7 hollowpoints in the mag and one in the barrel. It feeds my truncated cone hollowpoints as easily as round nose ammo. I can carry it in a pocket holster in my jeans
    side pocket. Yes its plastic and steel but I consider it a very safe small firearm to pack in the pocket. No it won't put a zombie down like a .45 but eight holes should slow him down.

12. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

That looks sweet! I like the LCR, but I've already got so many Ruger revolvers, I'd like to deviate from that trend a bit on this one.

I also like the looks of that Sig, NGIB.

Anyone else?

13. freefall

freefall New Member

I second Cuate on the PF9. Pretty accurate, hasn't jammed in 100 rds, fits in hip pocket. Only thing I don't like is the mag follower is made of SOFT plastic and soon deforms so as to not lock slide back on empty. Still feeds fine tho.

14. Missileman

Missileman New Member

+1 on the Bersa--mine is as reliable as any pistol I have and very easy to carry.

15. Snubshooter

Snubshooter New Member

Try a PM9 . It's smaller and lighter than most 380s. It is reliable and comfy to carry and shoot. 100_0884.jpg

16. NGIB

NGIB New Member

17. diggsbakes

diggsbakes New Member

Great Ref NGIB.

Thanks.