Looking For N. Illinois & S. Wisconsin smallbore shooters

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by pccraig, Nov 9, 2011.

1. pccraig

pccraig New Member

I’ve posted this on as many Rimfire / Smallbore forums as I could find, so forgive me if you see this everywhere.

Just wondering if there’s any smallbore / rimfire shooters out there in N. Illinois or S. Wisconsin looking to get together for some “unofficial” matches. Nothing fancy. I got this idea when I joined a group of fellow bass fishermen this summer. We’d get together on a scheduled basis at a pre-determined lake or pond and fish for bragging rights. Biggest catch, total weigh, etc.

There seems to be a few ranges in the area with 50 to 100 yd lines, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing something like this. There’s a few good formats we could follow:

Smallbore 3P / Smallbore 4P / Mini Palma / CMP Sporter / Benchrest / Etc.

Or, to start, we could just agree to attend any of local ranges who host their own matches:

Bristol / Sycamore / ISRA Range / Beloit / Racine / St Charles / Aurora / etc.

Thoughts ????

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i go to mcmiller just about every weekend. i shoot 22lr to 458Lott

3. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

I'd love to but I have to work on the small bore part of my collection a little more. Would definetly be interested in checking it out though.

4. pccraig

pccraig New Member

PSYCHOFREAK3

If you have any kind of .22, you'd be good to go.

JonM

Does your range host rimfire matches ?

5. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Well that's the question of the hour, yes the range I am trying to get into does host rimfire matches. The problem is I am not a member yet, I still need one more sponsor to get in. With my crazy work scheudle it's harder than I thought to get out there on meeting nights.

6. PSYCHOFREAK3

PSYCHOFREAK3 New Member

Nevermind I just realized that question was positioned to Jon M, ignore my reply.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

dunno. its a public range you can shoot any paper but humanoid type targets. some stupid dnr rule. here is their phone number (262) 594-5900

8. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

wish i was there i would be interested grew up in carpentersville. fox vally rifle range

9. Shade

Shade New Member

Let me know if you are headed to the Bonfield (ISRA Range) I live close to it.

No ****, I grew up in Cary. When did you graduate? Class of '85 here.

10. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have been shooting with Jon at this range. It is a very nice range. I would drive up there to do some competitive shooting. Except, I am pretty new to guns and not very good but I would like the competition.

I live in DeKalb County, Illinois and I have a Mark II that I love!! I have been looking for some novice competitive shooting. I would be very interested.

11. tonydewar

tonydewar New Member

72 irving crown

12. pccraig

pccraig New Member

Cool,

The way I envision this is a group of like minded shooters getting together for some friendly competition, to share experience, and have a good time.

If you guys would PM your email addresses to me, I'll keep a list going.

13. Shade

Shade New Member

Don't forget the coffee for on the range and maybe a few beers after
    the range.

14. pccraig

pccraig New Member

winds-of-change

PM me your email address and I'll keep a running list of people who are interested. With winter coming, events may be hard to come by with limited indoor places to shoot, but I think we can muddle along until spring. Pass the word to any of your friends who may be interested as well.

Pat