Firearms Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Lets not forget that you can buy 37mm signal launchers. These are kind of copies of M79 grenade launchers...

I picked this up a few years back from Ordnance Group LLC. Moving is getting in the way of my reloading process and once I get settled, I plan to play with it more...

For now, I'm modifying it by adding the flip-up sight and soon, a sling + front swivel.

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Shotgun

I know... what use is it?

I like it non-the-less and have no regrets picking it up. I'm moving to an area with lots of large lakes where it's legal to launch various types of sky flares and look forward to making my own.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's definitely a neat collectible, but the ammo is just a bit too expensive for me.
I hear ya.. I feel the same way - But. . . There's a decent selection of reusable shells available (machined aluminum) from the same company and many others. For the recipes, I've seen a lot on YouTube to help get me started. There's also a forum for 37/40mm launchers. Even loading you own will wind up costing a couple bucks - maybe more depending on payload. I think loading your own ordnance is kind of part and parcel to ownership..

I'm not 100% sure - But I believe the "AF T" says you can have .25 oz of black powder in a given shell (combined weight of lift charge + flare/bird bomb/smoke/or signal). Exceeding that would put you into DD territory - which requires the same stamp as the full-on 40mm launcher. You can only have non-lethal rounds, else the launcher becomes a "destructive device".

But there's really a lot of fun that can be had with these. Gotta admit I think they look cool too and the little kid in me just likes having the dogone thing... :giggle:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts