Looking for input, Savage Arms .308

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by corrinavatan, Feb 5, 2012.

1. corrinavatan

corrinavatan New Member

Hello, all,

After a few years of us getting accustomed to our .22, we're going to get our "second guns" next weekend: A Mossberg shotgun for her, and I'm going to go get the Savage Arms 11/111 FCNS I've have my eye on for quite a while (in .308)

Now, I'm pretty much settled on the gun, but I'm not sure about the scope. I'm comfortable spending around $200-250 on the scope for this rifle. Obviously I want something that can stand up to the recoil of the firearm. I would also like to find one that is a variable that goes past 9x, as I would like this to be my "100 yard" rifle.

I'm not too terribly particular about the brand or aesthetics of the scope; I'm kind of more worried about functionality rather than if it will look pretty on my rifle.

Anyway, input/suggestions would we welcome.

2. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Look at vortex optics also nikon as well as bushnell oh an sightron optics are also very good an verry well priced all brands I listed can be had for $399 an under

3. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

Fine choice in a rifle. If you're wanting a 100 yard rifle, a 3-9x40 would be plenty. Check out the Redfield Revolution or Nikon Prostaff.

4. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

5. xSTRIKERx

xSTRIKERx New Member

Go to optics planet.com nikons are hard to beat for the price

6. pipeman525

pipeman525 New Member