Looking for input on magazine carriers

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by frostyone, May 16, 2012.

1. frostyone

frostyone New Member

I am getting into doing a lot more drill/tactical style of shooting. Hopefully taking some classes in the near future. I need a way to carry mags and am wondering what you guys use.

I have been looking at the BCM msf-03 for a chest rig. Any opinions on that? Is there something as good or better for less?

What other ways are there for carrying mags? Maybe a thigh platform?

I have absolutely no experience so any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Check out Lightfighter for reviews on kit.

For belt mounted carriers I like my bladetechs great retention and easy to access. I have a couple fastmags gen 2 and love the way they stack but the aren't as stable on the belt But the also clip onto molle gear which is nice.

I'm interested in drop leg carrier and chest rigs but haven't made the investment.

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The chest rig is probably better for concealment. Belt is easier access.

4. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Um.....how you gonna conceal anything with a chest rig....? o_O

5. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Lol wrong kinda rig. Guess I shouldn't scan so fast.

6. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

Oil canvas duster o_O!!

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

8. frostyone

frostyone New Member

So do you just wear a normal leather gun belt with the blade techs? I can see a use for something like that.

I am also looking for some kind of gear belt I can put on over my pants instead of through the belt loops like a normal belt. Maybe something like a duty belt. Not really sure what that would be called.

9. MikeJK

MikeJK New Member

I ran a chest rig and a belt. I'm faster w/ the belt. The belt has custom Kydex mag pouches and holster. It holds 2 PMags and 2 pistol mags, stacked.

I do have a padded molle belt but need to get some Fast Mags for it.

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

no don't use a regular leather belt for anything firesarms related, you need a reinforced gun belt to keep your pants up....a couple of fully loaded 30 round mags on a dress belt will have you doing the full monty in no time flat.

11. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

oops misread your post, sorry.... yah any gun belt works. I like 1.5 inches or 1.75.