Looking for information on Glock 23

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by SgtMc26, Nov 6, 2011.

1. SgtMc26

SgtMc26 New Member

I just purchased a used Glock 23, it's in unfired condition from a private collection. This said, I bought it for 599.00 in an odd case with a pair of 13rd mags, cleaning rod & brush, Glock holster & mag loader and a very small sticker with Talo Exo on it and a Navy Seal symbol etched in the slide. There was also a paper tag with Joint Operations Edition hand written on it. Does anyone have any information on this weapon/edition/Talo or this package? The shop knows nothing about Talo or any package.

Thanks to all.

2. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

image-2393323873.jpg

Here is a photo. I am going to take more photos later.

3. EMTchad

EMTchad New Member

Hope u find out. I purchased a brand new 23 40 cal yesterday for 615 total including dros fee. My first glock ever!

4. Glore

Glore New Member

I can tell you it appears to be a Gen. 1 (Gen 1 do not have molded finger grooves and they do not have an accessory rail for light/laser mounts.). I would love to see detailed pics of the markings on the slide...also what type of sights are on it? I'd also be interested in the weight of the trigger pull.

5. utf59

utf59 New Member

Similar gun being discussed here.

6. ROLOMALDA

ROLOMALDA New Member

That's a real nice gun

7. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

It's actually a Gen 2, I called Glock today and was told it was originally sold to a police department. I then called TALO and was told the weapon was customized for the department as a commemorative for there retiring Chief of 20 years, whom was a former Seal. It appears the weapon was basically stored in the range pack and really never used, as nothing has any wear or even marks on it.
    I fired it today for the first time and ran 250 rounds through it. It shoots nice, just low and left even from a rest. So going to change the sites out.

8. Quentin

Quentin New Member

Glad you got some info on it. Glock never made a Gen 1 40S&W, they were already at Gen 2 in 1990 when models in that caliber were released.

9. Glore

Glore New Member

My apologies, the Gen 1 has smooth grips. Engage brain before putting fingers in gear.

10. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

No harm no foul. I actually corrected the issue of shooting to the left, but still shooting low 2 1/2" at 25' (slightly under 2" at 10'). Looking to either get the slightly taller rear sight or just get an adjustable sight. Other than that, it shoots well and looks good.

11. afi1

afi1 New Member

Are you using the "pumpkin on a post" method, or a combat style, front sight on the target sight picture? Glocks tend to be set up for the latter.

12. Dizzll

Dizzll New Member

low and left is common for first time Glock shooters. The problem corrects itself around 1k rounds. Nice gun!

13. SGTMAC26

SGTMAC26 New Member

This is actually my fifth Glock. I had my G17 shot similar at first, but as you said it did go away. I had not had it happen since with any of the others in my collection. This one seems like a more exaggerated low left than the 17 was. I'm going today to put another 300 round thought it, I'll see what happens.

14. afi1

afi1 New Member

The fairly long reach of the trigger and the thick frame of a Glock can cause the trigger finger to push the gun. A common correction taught by my PD and several schools I've attended is to press fairly hard against the dust cover area of the frame with the support hand thumb; or if your fingers are longer, hook the trigger deeper to compensate.

15. beaniemac

beaniemac New Member

I have a glock 23 as well and I paid $510 for it new. I have only had it a couple months. mines is gen 3 by the way.

16. PowerViolence

PowerViolence New Member

I'll give you 650$ for that beast! So jealous, you really got a nice gun.

17. lyodbraun

lyodbraun Member

I bought my Gen 4 Glock 23 a few months ago for a steal of a price $450 out the door, love it had a Gen3, 22 a few years ago but sold it, this new one is great shoots so smooth and straight... this one will be around for a very very long time...