Looking for info/parts for an old hammer double barrel

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by lane78, Nov 1, 2010.

1. lane78

lane78 New Member

A friend recently found the barrels and lock for an old double barrel 12 gauge in a barn. It is missing the hammers and entire trigger assembly. I am happy to build a stock for the gun. But I am looking for the parts to complete this firearm. The only writing on the gun is "Genuine Armory Steel" down the right barrel, and "Choke Bored" down the left barrel. There is no other writing other than the serial number on the under side of the fore stock and in the breech.

Any and all information on this firearm would be appreciated and I would really love to fix this piece up and have it shine again. Thanks so much.

Caleb

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

First the mandatory admonishment

useless without pictures.jpg

Now that THAT is out of the way- have you looked at the water table for markings? Open the shotgun, removing barrels from the action, turn over, and look at the flat part under the breech. You may need oblique lighting, and a magnifier.

Genuine Armory Steel was a mark used by Crescent Firearms, 1893-1930, and also by Meriden Fire Arms, 1905-1915. The phrase doesn't really mean anything except that the barrels are not laminated steel.

3. Biohazard2

Biohazard2 Member

Numrich Gun Parts

4. Hawg

Hawg New Member

5. lane78

lane78 New Member

Thanks for the info. And accepting your admonishment, I will try and post some photos soon so that you all can see the subject in question and help me all the more. Thanks again and if you think of anything else, let me know. Photos soon to come...